Our Beagle World Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I forgot to put the potato masher between the handles on the pantry doors yesterday before I left for work. My darling JoJo decided to help herself to a few things in my absence. Whole packet of schmacko's, 2 spuds (skins slightly chewed), can of pea's and the taco kit. So when I got home yesterday I found all of the above on the lounge room floor. The salsa packet from the taco kit was ripped open and spread acorss the carpet and there was a trail of taco shells leading from the kitchen, through the lounge room, down the hallway, into the bedroom and on the bed.

When will I learn? Beagles are not to be trusted, espeically my devil dog! Jesie never steals things, she just helps Jodie once the stuff has been stolen. Bloody dogs!

Oh and I forgot to mention that I managed to lock the cat in the spare room all day aswell! Poor baby had been stuck in there from 7:30am until 6pm. He was most unimpressed with me!

So glad yesterday is over!

·
Registered
103 Posts
Wow. My two are in a pen when we are not home. One they could likely easily jump out of or open. They don't though. Color me lucky!

Cat would be fine. All they do is sleep all day anyway. When I was younger we left for a camping trip. I left my bedroom window open. Well, the cat was napping in my room at some point and a gust of wind blew the door shut. We don't know how long he was stuck in there.

·
Registered
605 Posts
Sounds like a beag, ha ha. Luckily we all work different schedules in my house, so Henry's hardly ever alone, but when he is unsupervised he either goes in his crate or very rarely for a nap on the Henry-proof deck. And when I can, I just take him with me!

·
Registered
959 Posts
OUr pups must be related! Cobi and Casie will constantly take charge of things if we forget to kennel one, and make sure the locks are in place. I finally went and got some kiddie locks for the kitchen, we have our frig tighted shut and everything is back on the counters too far for the jumpers to get...but you are right, they can be cute little demons.

·
Registered
786 Posts
I laughed at this. (sorry) But maybe they locked the cat in the spare room thinking he would rat them out for eating taco chips and salsa in the bedroom? LOL!!!!
These are the times you need a camera handy!

·
Registered
614 Posts
I've been really lucky with Dixie.

She hasn't been this destructive in awhile, and she know she can only chew on her toys. But since she gotten her Ham bone she chews it all the time. But she is in the crate while i am at work though.

Currently she is chewing on her bone beside my computer chair.

Oh yea, she quit chewing on furniture once I gotten the new chair. For some reason she would try to chew the old one every once in awhile, but with the new chair she won't do it.

But I guess her weakness is paper towels. If a used paper towel is within reach she will shred it and that's it.

·
Premium Member
2,646 Posts
We have a had a few days like that also. At least I can entertain everyone at lunch with the adventures of Maggie.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts