Our Beagle World Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
4,971 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Lot of sickness in my life, lately. My BIL is dying of cancer. He lives in NJ, while I'm in MD. The past few months have been a lot of back and forth to NJ for us. Now, my mother is having issues. Mom is 90. Had her in the ER today. She has been diagnosed with a partial bowel blockage. I am getting ready to head back to the hospital to spend the night.

Prayers would be very much appreciated. Be back when I can.

·
Registered
5,798 Posts
Jan, I'm so sorry . A bowel blockage is a serious situation. Glad she's in the hospital where they are caring for her.
Prayers and hugs
Joann

·
Registered
4,971 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thank you all! We feel the blockage has been removed, but waiting for x-rays. They are keeping her at least another night. I will be staying at the hospital again tonight. Talked to the doctor today. He is in agreement with me, in trying to get her released tomorrow. 'Mom' has some cognitive issues, when out of her surroundings. The last thing I need, is for her to spiral out of control mentally - been there, done that.

I truly appreciate the prayers and support.

·
Registered
4,971 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
My mother was released from the hospital, on Tuesday, into the capable hands of my cousin. I left the hospital late Tuesday afternoon. Arrived in NJ yesterday, as my husband's brother lost his battle with cancer on Sunday. Visitation was yesterday. Funeral services were today. Just got home, and I am exhausted.

·
Registered
4,971 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Oh I'm so sorry about your BIL. Sounds like he fought the good fight.
My Sympathies,
J & C
He really did. He fought with everything he had. He was too young to die. He wanted to be here to see his kids grow up. It is heart breaking.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts