Our Beagle World Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
614 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Today when we first woke up i took her outside and she started coughing and hacking, then she puked up a clear bile??

Her stool are normal, actually she pooped alot this morning compared to other days, and she started itching and chewing on one of her back paws. Thinking she had something causing her to itch on her i gave her a bath with puppy shampoo, and dried her off, and then cooked up her an egg since she wouldn't touch the dog food this morning.

She ate the egg, and seems to be acting normal now! she was playing like always and she even ate some of her dog food before i left the house.

What could that have been???

·
Premium Member
1,632 Posts
The itching paws make me think allergies, seasonal likely. The throwing up could be because she was hungry. I know some dogs that if they don't eat right before bed, they throw up in the morning.

·
Registered
1,239 Posts
Spencer'sMom, thank you for the throwing up advice! I really believed that to be the case with Duke.

There have been a few mornings recently where he has thrown up a teeny little spot of waht looks like stomach acid. On both occasions, he did not eat his dinner the night before (too busy playing with my sister's pup). Otherwise, he was fine and playful and normal Duke. Now I make sure he eats his dinner and no problems, only once did he throw up and same thing, no food the night before. Glad to know others have had a problem with lack of food causing issues.

·
Registered
614 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Quote:Originally posted by Spencer's Mum:
The itching paws make me think allergies, seasonal likely. The throwing up could be because she was hungry. I know some dogs that if they don't eat right before bed, they throw up in the morning.
I think you nailed it, cause yesterday she spent alot of time outside with the other dogs, something she hasn't done since i got her.

as for eating, she ate 1/2 cup of puppy food for dinner about 6 or 7. Then we go to bed about 10-11 and then get up at 7 or 8 in the morning.

so i guess 12 hrs is too long?? but during the day she eats almost 1 1/2 cups of food. maybe another 1/2 cup before bed??

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
Jersey throws up the clear bile if she hasn't eaten. It happened more when she was a puppy than it does now. As for the itching, I agree, it sounds like allergies. Change in seasons probably. Jersey's eyes get all runny for about a week every spring and fall.

·
Registered
614 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I don't know if it is the allergy or what, but her eating habit isn't the same, but if i give her a piece of chicken she will gobble it up, but if she eats dog food she will pick at it.

also, what to do about allergy? A very small dose of children benydril??

1 - 7 of 7 Posts