Our Beagle World Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Starla has become obsessed with one spot on the bed. She shoves her nose as far down as it will go then starts growling and digging like mad. She's already torn holes in two fitted sheets and it's starting to tear up the top of the quilt-top mattress. We have turned that mattress upside down trying to figure out what she is looking for. She has never had an accident there and she's never been in the bedroom unsupervised. We've even tried the granix apple spray to try to get her to stop chewing on the mattress and sheets, and while that spray stuff worked for woodwork and books, it doesn't work for this. This is the only spot she does this in. Anywhere else she digs, she just digs, but this is frantic digging like she's trying to get to something. Any suggestions---other than getting a new mattress?

·
Registered
1,969 Posts
Definately a mattress pad/liner, I recommend a better quality one, they cost more but your mattress is much more expensive! That will help in terms of the digging affecting the mattress but the sheets I don't know what to say???

Our guys dig on the sofa and the bed but not to the point of ripping the sheets unless a claw gets caught on a loose thread.

Hope that helps a little! I know the digging is instinctual and therefore very difficult to get them to stop doing. Sometimes if Roscoe is doing it too much (he does it the most) we make him get off the furniture and onto his dog bed, funny though, he never digs on HIS dogbed!!

·
Registered
959 Posts
OMG! I thought only Casie did that! Seriously, he is my best digger ever. He has holes around the yard from this summer...it's like he knows there is something down there and HAS to have it.
But before he makes his three rounds before lying down anywhere, he has to dig like crazy. We have sheets and matress holes to prove that, too. We make him get down, and have put blankets on t he couches and chairs to protect them...and yep, he never digs in his bed either.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I know they never dig their spot! I have an dinged up chair that I have covered with a fleece doggie blanket and that serves as Starla's chair where she can chew her rawhide or look out the window or whatever. NEVER digs on that piece of junk chair.

She has quit the digging at night now, mostly because we have been making her stay on the floor until we are both in bed, then we invite her up. If we're taking up the bed, there is no place to dig!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.