Our Beagle World Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought Chloe a nylabone chewy... that was yesterday. The thing is, that by now, it looks as if it just came back from a battle zone
At which point should I take it away from her? I don't think she is swallowing the pieces because I see them scattered on the rug, but I just don't know. It's the first time I give her nylabone.

Maybe next time I'll buy the one for heavy chewers

·
Registered
102 Posts
Zoey loves Nylabones. I buy the soft ones for her and the durables for the older dog. Ive noticed on the softer ones once a piece comes off they are usually done for as you can expect it to start breaking into pieces and thats when I toss it. They are real cheap to buy from dog.com I actually by them a dozen at a time so I always have a back up when they start breaking. The Durables last at least a month but are really hard and I don't let the smaller dog chew on them. NYLABONE

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Jersey has a bunch of Nylabones. I think that I get her the Durable ones. They are the bone colored hard ones if that helps. I haven't bought one in a long time as they've held up quite well. We have a several different styles but she seems to like the Nutri Dent ones the best.

·
Premium Member
1,729 Posts
I stopped buying those, Charlie will eat it. He would even chew off the tennis ball fuzzy material and eat it. He can only play rubber, and tuff rubber.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Originally Posted By: Charlie momI stopped buying those, Charlie will eat it. He would even chew off the tennis ball fuzzy material and eat it. He can only play rubber, and tuff rubber.
Have you tryed the Durables? I've yet to see a dog go through one of those yet. Tougher than any rubber toy I've ever seen. I usually get a good month of chewing on one of them from the bigger dog then I throw it away when the end starts to shave off into little shavings that the pup might try to vacumm up.

·
Premium Member
3,458 Posts
I originally bought the clear/flexible nylabone for Maggie, but she destroyed it almost immediately, and I found her chewing on pieces of it. Since then, I only buy the durable ones...chicken and liver flavor.

·
Registered
225 Posts
Blue destroyed the only one he had and of course swallowed the pieces because apparently plastic tastes good. I have a strange dog though!!! We stick to a few stuffed animals and Kongs at this point. I don't think my heart can take another sock in the gut incident only this time with plastic.

·
Premium Member
3,410 Posts
Ditto on the gummi nylabones! Goober & Homer made short work
of them when I tried them about 5 yrs ago, & the ultra tough
chicken flavoured ones only amused them for a short time.
Nibbler is the only one that uses them now unless Rufus wants
to play keep a way with him! The edible plastic bones have
not affected them in any way other than the fact that they
have been spoiled by their access to wild game bones! Nibbler is the only one that likes them, but he had nearly been starved
to death when Pop adopted him!

·
Registered
1,239 Posts
I buy the durable ones. Have always had to because Cassie is a voracious chewer. Even with her jaw strength, the bones last us quite a while. I've never tried the softer ones because they would never hold up to her.

Duke loves the harder ones, espcecially the flavored ones. We replace them when the nubby ends starts getting worn down.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts