Our Beagle World Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here's a link to a Consumer Affairs article that says there are many dogs getting sick after eating Nutro food. Some have died. Though there is no hard evidence that the illness are caused by the food, it does seem a really big coincidence and one that warrents further investigation.

http://www.consumeraffairs.com/news04/2008/06/pet_food_recalls98.html

·
Premium Member
1,667 Posts
Yeah, I saw that. Daisy was on Nutro Ultra and while she never had a problem. I wasn't comfortable with having her remain on it. She had started not wanting to eat it anyway for whatever reason. I switched her to Blue Buffalo Lamb and Rice, and she LOVED it but I determine that it was the cause of her runny poops. I changed her to Blue Buffalo Chicken and Rice and she's gotten much better. Things are mostly solid again. I guess she couldn't handle the lamb??

Anyway, sorry to ramble there but I just didn't feel comfortable with Nutro after reading all that I did on it.

·
Registered
1,163 Posts
I think there was some discussion on this before, and you're absolutely right - I was worried about my pups before we bought our last bags of Nutro Ultra. They have been doing absolutely fine on them, though. But I'll be keeping an eye on my dogs every time they start a new bag of Nutro, and if we hear further bad news about Nutro or if the food ever starts to give our dogs problems, we're switching brands.

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
I don't know, when I feed my dog, I want to know that I can trust the food. Just like I won't use a product on myself after it's been called back (even once), I won't do it with Chloe. It's just like what happened with Eukanuba, once there was the first call back of their bags, they just started to go downhill, and then there were all the new brands that were WAY better than their products (nutritionally).

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.