1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,098 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For those who love to read, I found another 'beagle book'.....it's called

LAUREN'S STORY: An American Dog in Paris
by Kay Pjaltz

The story of a rescued beagle....much laughter and tears.....

we can add this to the list of beagle stories already listed in the past by other readers.

·
Banned
5,083 Posts
Not sure if anyone mentioned it yet but for my birthday judymaggie sent me "For Bea" by Kristen Von Kreisler and I couldn't put it down! It arrived just in time for bedrest (thank goodness becuase I was sick of daytime TV!) and I wanted to pace myself so I'd have it to read for days but I ended up finishing it it like two because it was just wonderfully written and an awesome story.

You can check it out here:
http://www.amazon.com/Bea-reprint-Kriste...84433534&sr=1-1

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
Thanks, Deb, I just placed a hold on the recommended book. That's one that had slipped under my radar. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif

·
Premium Member
2,869 Posts
Quote:Originally posted by debannib:

The story of a rescued beagle....much laughter and tears.....

How much tears, Deb? I'm running low these days.

~Denise

·
Premium Member
2,098 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Quote:Originally posted by Gingergoose:
How much tears, Deb? I'm running low these days.
I would say, wait until a later date. Just make a mental note....perhaps a good stocking stuffer for Christmas (in case a loved one is stuck for ideas).

·
Premium Member
1,729 Posts
Oh dear, lots of tears huh...I sobbed reading Marley and Me! I remember I was taking a trip on the bus, from time to time I have to rest my tearful eyes out on the scenery, pretending I'm just tire, just woke up. :hi:
And beside I have order at least 4 books off from Amazon.com, I'll wait on this one. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/confused.gif

·
Premium Member
3,715 Posts
:thumbup:

·
Registered
889 Posts
The best Beagle book I have is 'A dog called Perth' by Peter Martin

It was like 'Marley and Me' but better. :thumbup:

·
Banned
4,444 Posts
I've just read for Bea, which had me in tears, a lovely book. I'll make a note of the other books mentioned here, ready for the winter. Thanks folks.

·
Registered
40 Posts
For Bea: The Story of the Beagle Who Changed My Life is a wonderful book. Yes there are tears ... but, it's a must read. Bea is just too wonderful not to know her.

As I recall -- we'll actually I didn't recall ... I had to get my copy and look -- for those wanting to buy the book ... the author is Kristen Von Kreisler.

·
Registered
889 Posts
Has anyone read A dog called Perth. (The story of a Beagle) It is a very good book The story starts in America and finishes in the UK. It is a wonderful story about a special Beagle. I highly recommend this book its by Peter Martin.

·
Registered
1,440 Posts
I HIGHLY recommend all three - For Bea, Lauren's Story and A Dog Called Perth. Must reads for any beagle lover - really any animal lover.

And yes, you are going to be reading all of them through tears at times, but they are such good and worthwhile tears... all three are wonderful books about wonderful beagles. Just thinking about them now - years after I read two of them and months after Lauren's Story - has brought tears right back to my eyes...

1 - 16 of 16 Posts