Our Beagle World Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
fallen to the ground! /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/thumbup.gif We went to our daughter's for Mother's Day weekend. As usual, we had our petsitter come to feed and play with the pack. This morning, she called to tell us that Li'l Girl had met her when she drove up the driveway. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/bounce.gif

It seems that my "angel" had gotten through one of the gates that lead out of the fenced area that's right by the house. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/eyes.gif Jan said she came wagging and grinning to meet her.

So, we came home earlier than planned to literally mend fences. My Li'l Girl has definitely turned into a beagle with a shattered halo.

·
Premium Member
2,869 Posts
Li'l Girl probably wanted to surprise her mommy and daddy when they got home by greeting them past the fence. She wasn't going anywhere, she knows when she's got it good. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/sleepy.gif

My first beagle-mix Jake convinced me to keep him when I put him out in the backyard (this was in a rental in New Orleans) to do his business, and when I stepped out onto the <u>front</u> porch, he was there waiting for me. Turns out he could scale a 10 foot chain link fence...we found that out later. The fence he jumped in our backyard was only like a 5 ft. chain link. Rather then run off, he waited for us so it was then and there that I decided to keep him.

Maybe now you'll keep Li'l Girl. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/coffee.gif

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Oh, Li'l Girl -- you've shattered your angel facade -- there's no going back now! /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/eyes.gif Thank goodness you realized you shouldn't wander too far away from that wonderful home you have.

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Evidence was found that once she was out of the fenced area, she got tired of it. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/bounce.gif The panel is put in the pet door to the garage at night to secure Miss Priss in a safe place. Coyotes, you know. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/rotatesmiley2.gif

Anyhow, the trim on the outside of the pet door had been removed and had tooth marks all over it. Our best guess is that Li'l Girl wasn't happy outside, alone, in the dark, and was trying to get into the garage. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/alien1.gif Guess it wasn't so great being out by herself. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/biggrin.gif

1 - 15 of 15 Posts