Our Beagle World Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi
Many things to ask with our new pup, Fizz is 11 weeks nearly and doesnt seem to eat a great deal. She rarely eats breakfast has only eating half of her lunch tends to eat all of her food in the evening. Ive read that beagles will eat all day if allowed, do we have anything to worry about with Fizz? /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/frown.gif

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
Chloe used to not finish her meals when she was younger. About 2 months ago, when she was a little of 5 months, she started eating as if it's the last meal on earth. I wouldn't worry.
They sleep most of the day at 11 week, and don't burn that much energy... Fizz will eat, you can be sure of that, until the point that you will need to limit her meals so that she won't gain too much weight :thumbup:

·
Registered
326 Posts
I wouldn't be too concerned, but I know how you feel.

We bought our two girls home and they hardly ate anything for about 5 days.. Then they'd eat a little bit. Everyone kept telling us not to leave their food down, but if we didn't leave it down, they weren't eating!

Even now, they are nearly 11 months old and we've changed their food 3 times and they still don't eat it when it's put down. We just guess that their eating buttons haven't been pushed yet.

Although, if there's fresh meat (ham, chicken meat) being offered, they are the hungriest beagles in the world.

As long as your pup is drinking water, it'll be fine.

·
Registered
96 Posts
My little one (almost 11 weeks old) absolutely fights for every bit of food he can get. We started him on 2 meals of 1/3 cup a day per the pet store's suggestion, and quickly switched to 3 meals of 1/4 cup a day to give him more food and hopefully be gentler on his digestion. Now, we are at 3 meals of 1/3 cup and he still wolfs it down as fast as possible and will ATTACK his sister's bowl if there are any bits left in it. He then runs back and forth between the two bowls licking them and sniffing around for any additional food.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts