Our Beagle World Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,715 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just received the following post from another dog owners group I'm in, and wanted to pass it along.

Mars Petcare US (makers of Pedigree Branded Foods) announced a voluntary recall of products manufactured at its Everson, Pennsylvania facility. The pet food is being voluntarily recalled because of potential contamination with Salmonella serotype Schwarzengr und. This voluntary recall only affects the United States.

Salmonella can cause serious infections in dogs and cats, and, if there is cross contamination caused by handling of the pet food, in people as well, especially children, the aged, and people with compromised immune systems.

We have posted the press release including a link to the manufacturers website and the Food and Drug Administration's with Pet Food handling tips.

If you feed your dog Pedigree or another Mars PetCare US food go to: petplace.com/marsrecall to see a detailed list of the affected products.

If you feed any of the listed brands please take action today!

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
the link doesn't work and I couldn't find it on the petplace website.
I feed Innova, so I don't think I have anything to worry about...

·
Super Moderator
5,249 Posts
Here is the info:

This has just been announced by Mars Petcare US. Please check your pet food to be sure you don't have the products affected in your home. If you do, please call the toll free number for more information. Please forward this email to all pet owners you know.
It's incredibly important!

..The Associated Press ..

September 15, 2008

FRANKLIN, Tenn. - Mars Petcare US announced a voluntary recall Friday of all dry pet food products produced at its plant in Everson, Pa., between Feb. 18 and July 29, citing potential contamination with salmonella.

Mars, in a news release, did not say how much pet food is involved, but said the recall reaches 31 states and various brands and said the action was taken as a precaution. Even though no direct link between products produced at the Everson plant and human or pet illness has been made, we are taking this precautionary action, the company statement said.

Mars said it stopped production at the plant July 29 when it was alerted of a possible link between food made there and two cases of people infected with salmonella. Mars said salmonella can cause serious infections in dogs, cats and humans.

The company said consumers should look for 17 as the first two digits of the second line on the UPC for products affected. For Pedigree products, they should look for PAE on the bottom line.
They can also call 877-568-4463 or consult petcare. mars. com.

..The brand names include some items under Country Acres, Retriever, Doggy Bag, Members Mark, Natural, Ol' Roy, Special Kitty, Paws & Claws, Pedigree, Wegman's, Pet Pride, PMI Nutrition and Red Flannel.

·
Registered
889 Posts
Glad I don't use those foods for the kids! It's a shame we always have to be concerned about that kind of stuff.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts