Our Beagle World Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The weather hit 95º today at Beaglefest. I would estimate there were close to 75 beagles maybe more. Most of them, and their humans stayed in the shade except for group picture time. There were several contests: best aroo, won't come when called, longest ears, and dog who looked most like his dad.

Here's a few pictures:

Buster had a good time

Boomer looking for shade

Ahhhh!

·
Premium Member
3,458 Posts
Looks like a lot of fun, heat and all! I missed the one we had here in So. Calif. It was in May, but I didn't hear about it until recently. I'm really looking forward to next year though!

·
Registered
667 Posts
OMG....SO SO JEALOUS...Miss BREW BEAGLES in Chitown.....

WHY, WHY, WHY is there no Southern Cali Beaglefest????? Ill host one if I have help...anyone in?

someone said there was one in Huntington Beach, but cant find it on the web......ohhh wish I was there!!

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
Where was that one held? I lived in Northern CA for most of my life - but didn't have beagles then. There are no beagle meet ups around here, either - beagles are NOT the breed of choice in eastern Washington.
The nearest meet up (it wasn't called Beaglefest) a few years ago was in Spokane, but that is too far from me - and it wasn't well attended. They had them on week-day evenings - which isn't possible for me to attend. Wish we could have one closer to home, too. Of course, with my 9-pack, I have my own meet up all the time.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
It was at the dog park in Sausalito. They hold it twice a year - June and October. When they post the official pics I'll post the link.

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
I'm not sure how these work - I think there may be a small charge now but there is a place where you can register for a meetup of your own for different breeds. Here's the link - since some of you were interested in California meet ups, I just put in the link for CA - but you can do searches for any state. At one time I was on a mailing list for the Spokane meet up - but never got to go to any. That was the closest one to me, but it is just too far. Anyway, you can check them out for yourself.

http://beagles.meetup.com/cities/us/ca/

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
I think a lot of the beagle rescue groups have similar events, I know the Seattle Beagle Rescue has one every year - unfortunately Seattle is about 6 hours from me, so that's highly unlikely I'd ever get there. I suspect rescue groups in other states might have these meet ups, too. Wouldn't hurt to try if you're really interested.

·
Registered
1,239 Posts
That looks like a great time. Wish we could have gone, especially since we were in Northern CA that day. Hot is right! Though still cooler than the 110 we hit in Fresno (which was a record high!).

I have a question, how hard is it to pick your beagle out of the swarm of beagles at these meets? I can just picture myself chasing other peoples dogs around trying to find Duke. LOL

·
Registered
890 Posts
Cascade Beagle Rescue West in Oregon has a Beaglefest in the fall. I think their sister rescue in New Jersey has one at the same time. I went to the one last year and it was a blast. Tucker won prizes for longest beagle and longest tail. Several years ago we also went to the one in Seattle. There was close to 100 beagles there. One family had the smart idea to bring a picnic lunch with them. They gave up after their kids were run over by several dozen beagles.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Wow.. That must have been a great day for Buster and you

1 - 15 of 15 Posts