Our Beagle World Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/PuppyEyes.gif
Going on a week now come home from humane society .
Should I be getting concerned ?

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
Enjoy the quiet while it lasts. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/sleep.gif Some beagles are quieter than others, but she'll find her voice.

·
Registered
102 Posts
I'm still tryin to coax a good howl out of Zoey, her mom and dad were Field Beagles so I know shes got it in her /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smirk.gif

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
When I got my Lottie the vet said he thought she'd been "de-barked" because he had to use TINY tubes when he put her to sleep to do the dental work on her. We were both terribly upset - and for almost 2 weeks there wasn't a sound out of her. One night I heard a "strange" bark and went to see what was going on - Lottie was sitting in the chair by the window BARKING at her reflection! It was the most beautiful sound I'd ever heard - I CRIED! She found her voice - and is quite vocal now! I wouldn't worry too much about her yet!

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
Jersey is pretty quiet too. There are days that will go by without her giving us a real bark. She may grunt at me and makes this cute little grumbling kinda' thing when she wants something and we're ignoring her. I wouldn't worry. When she finally starts barking you may wish she'd never started.

·
Registered
185 Posts
Yeah, Luigi is starting to find his voice...I'd love another week of silence. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/sick.gif

·
Registered
225 Posts
Blue is very quite also. He only barks on command, when he is mad or if he wound up playing. It is hard to get him to howl, and has to be really wound to do that!!!

·
Registered
1,239 Posts
Duke doesn't bark too often, when there's someone at the door or once in a while he sees a phantom that sets him off for a minute, but rarely. When he's outside and neighbor dogs bark, he lets Cassie do all the barking.

We're used to quiet dogs, Roscoe only barked a handful of times in his life until we got Duke and now Duke can annoy him enough that he barks!

·
Registered
3,199 Posts
As long as she is otherwise healthy I'd rejoice in the quieteness of her.

Not all Beagles bark. Rosa is noisy and barks lots but Sherry barks about once every 3 weeks and even then it's just one "woof" and then nothing.

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
When we adopted Summer, she was a VERY quiet girl. No barking or baying at all. She grew out of it. She barks, growls, howls and can be VERY vocal when she wants something. Murphy on the other hand, has been a woofer and howler since we go him.

·
Registered
1,163 Posts
I think everyone's right - some dogs are quiet, and some are just barkers. Spock almost never barks; the only time he really barks is when I'm vacuuming or my boyfriend has the leaf blower. Bones is a chatty dog who is very upset if she goes into her kennel before she wants to be there and will let you know about it for at least 15 minutes. I will relay a conversation my boyfriend and I had the other day.

Bones (who is in the yard): BARK BARK BARK BARK BARK BARK BARK BARK BARK BARBK
Me: Oh, Bones. Honey, why is she barking now?
Boyfriend: The sun's out.

Both dogs will growl and yelp and make grunting noises when they're wrestling.

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
The Bagel isn't quiet, he will arroooo when he gets a scent or spies another dog and talks to me when he wants something but he reserves his barks for very special occasions like when the police chased a prowler through the back yard. I’ve heard him bark exactly five times in ten years, a bark every other year isn’t much! His Bark is a deep hearty “big dog” bark and commands my attention when he does bark (Woke me up from a solid sleep when the prowler came by). Some dogs are like some people, they only says something when something needs to be said.

·
Registered
865 Posts
Our Toby is a talker when he wants to be. I have to admit, we love aroo to him just to hear him aroo back!! Of course, we are always ready to stop before he is!!

·
Premium Member
2,799 Posts
Sometimes I wish my Beagles could not bark. Mine get on wild barking, baying scent trails in the back yard in the early mornings. Running, sniffing, yipping, yowling on a scent that a critter left in our yard overnight.

Sadie is much more verbal than Pooh Bear. They are all different.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts