Our Beagle World Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
889 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone! This post is for a friend of mine. She is trying to find a good home for her golden (mix) and hasn't been able to. She even tried the golden rescue but because they don't think her dog is a purebred golden they won't take her. Does anyone know someone who might be able to give Bean a good home? She's 9 yrs old and really should be an inside dog. However, she has been kept outside for the last few years so I don't know if she's housebroken. She is great with kids and other dogs. They want to find her a new home because they feel like they're not giving her the best life. She's been getting out a lot and so they've had to tie her up in the backyard. They can't bring her in the house because the landlord won't let them. And she isn't really getting walked because my friend is eight mos. pregnant and her hubby works full time and goes to school full time, I guess they just haven't been able to work out a good schedule for her. They don't want to take her to a shelter that isn't no-kill because they're afraid she'll get put down since she's older. And the no-kill shelters in her area have refused to take her as well. My friend lives near the Tampa area so if anyone knows a good home Bean could go, please let me know!! I live in the Florida panhandle and would probably be willing to help transport if someone in our area wanted her. Bean is such a sweetie and I want to see her go to a good home where she can live inside in comfort and get the attention she needs. If you know someone, please let me know either here on BW or by emailing me: [email protected]

Thanks!!

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
I'll cross post on Beagle Bay - not everyone there owns beagles - but I don't know offhand if we have members in Florida. Never know when a little networking will help though.

·
Registered
889 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Originally Posted By: beaglesmomI'll cross post on Beagle Bay - not everyone there owns beagles - but I don't know offhand if we have members in Florida. Never know when a little networking will help though.
Thanks!!!

·
Registered
650 Posts
Erin, Is your friend in a location where pet adoption days are held, such as a Petco or Petsmart? She could take Bean to a pet adoption day.

·
Registered
889 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Originally Posted By: threedognightErin, Is your friend in a location where pet adoption days are held, such as a Petco or Petsmart? She could take Bean to a pet adoption day.
I hadn't thought about that. I'm definitely going to mention it to her, but honestly I don't see it happening. I think when I tell her about it she's going to tell me she can't because she's 8 months pregnant and has two little ones as well, and her hubby works full time and goes to school full time. If I lived there I'd do it myself. However, I'm going to see if she has someone that could help her and maybe either take Bean for her or help her by watching the kids.

That is a great suggestion though. I'm going to try and see if I can somehow make it happen long distance. Thank you so much for the suggestion!!

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
Has she considered listing him on Petfinder? She can do that online and not have to put herself to any trouble.

·
Registered
889 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Originally Posted By: beaglesmomHas she considered listing him on Petfinder? She can do that online and not have to put herself to any trouble.
I had thought about petfinder, but didn't know if individuals could post or just shelters.

Thanks for the great idea, I'll pass it along!!

·
Registered
1,239 Posts
Craigslist is a good resource for people trying to rehome their animals. Just make sure she screens future families very well.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts