Our Beagle World Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am pretty new here but would like to share some of the wildlife Bazel brings home. He honestly thinks I believe that we want to take it from him. Hmm tasty.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,163 Posts
Does he eat what he brings home or do you dispose of it? I can't imagine.

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Originally Posted By: beagletailsDoes he eat what he brings home or do you dispose of it? I can't imagine.
We try to dispose of the various friends he brings home , sometimes they are just body parts like a tail or something else that we are not sure off. He tries to sneak them inside and more than once I have had a shock at whatever lovely morsel he has. I think he just likes to show off what he has. I have caught him eating things like the remains of bones rather than one like this that have fur on. We aren't always sure he catches them but finds various dead things around the place. Dog's can be gross creatures.

Originally Posted By: Sandyj
He does look very possessive in the second picture.
Yes he does.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Our cat used to bring home little critters too, and lay them at our feet. My beag caught a mole once (eyeless rats that live underground) and broke it's neck and then laid it at my feet. Needless to say I was a tad shocked (at having to figure out on the spot how to get rid of the body without lookin' like a wussy in front of my dog!) but was rather pleased that he saw me as pack leader and brought 'the food' to me. They are only following their pack instinct, so that's a good thing I say. Just glad it wasn't a baby kangaroo! Great little hunter you got there! And loyal too: Bringin' it home for pack leader!

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Originally Posted By: Li'l MaggieWhat IS that thing in the second picture??? I can't even begin to imagine what I'd do if Maggie brought something like that home! LOL
Yes as others have said it's a wallaby .It's the same one as in the first picture just put on the ground. We live in the bush and there are so many wallabies, paddymelons[ same family as the kangaroo and wallaby] and kangaroo's around here, mainly wallabies. I saw a wallaby last night at our front door eating the grass while Bazel was inside unaware sleeping, he would of been at the door barking at it if he had known it had dared to be on his turf. Thank you.
Originally Posted By: SephlyWOAH, at first i thought it was a possum then i realized it was a wallaby!! wow he's quite the hunter. Mine will only nab the occasional chipmunk but my golden used to bring home WEIRD animals too.
We do get possum's here too. Yes Bazel is a real hunter. I have never seen a chipmunk , we don't have those in Australia. Thank you.
Originally Posted By: Chloe's MommyPoor little Wallaby

Bazel, Chloe would like to note that she is awfully proud of you!! and very jealous
Bazel says thank you to Chloe and takes a bow.
Thank you to you also Chloe's Mom.
Originally Posted By: WorshipTheBeagle Our cat used to bring home little critters too, and lay them at our feet. My beag caught a mole once (eyeless rats that live underground) and broke it's neck and then laid it at my feet. Needless to say I was a tad shocked (at having to figure out on the spot how to get rid of the body without lookin' like a wussy in front of my dog!) but was rather pleased that he saw me as pack leader and brought 'the food' to me. They are only following their pack instinct, so that's a good thing I say. Just glad it wasn't a baby kangaroo! Great little hunter you got there! And loyal too: Bringin' it home for pack leader!
Oh we did once find a baby joey in a dead kangaroo Bazel brought home and we took it to the people who rescue them.. Bazel was not happy at us when we took that price off him. I think it was too young and couldn't be saved but we tried. Thank you .

·
Registered
890 Posts
My first dog, Barney, a Golden/Samoyed mix, used to catch mice and birds in the backyard and put them on the back porch for us.

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Hi <span style="font-weight: bold">Tucker's Dad</span> , your Barney sounded very clever.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts