Our Beagle World Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a small concern, Marco runs and plays but I don't see him jumping. I wonder if he's not able to because of everything he's gone through or if he will get over that and be able to jump as he gets older. He runs and has energy but if i hold a toy over his head he won't jump to catch it, just gets frustrated. He's only 11 weeks so I don't know.

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
I wish I could help you. Jersey has been jumping and bouncing since we got her. Sometimes I think she's part Tigger. It could be that Marco just still isn't feeling 100%. I'm sure his instincts are letting him know his limits. I'd just keep an eye on him. Maybe give your vets office a call and see what they think about it. Just to be safe.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
hmmm yah I mean he's able to stand on his hind legs but just for a moment if he has to but no jumping. I mean he looks good he runs and hops fast outside just doesn't try to jump high.

·
Registered
220 Posts
I wouldn't worry too much if I were you.
Just call your vet and find out what he or she thinks about the no-jumping-thing.
But I'm pretty sure it's not that bad. As long as he looks healthy and runs and hops.....

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
My Chloe and Romeo are just a few weeks apart in age - Chloe is about 2 weeks older than Roms, but Romeo has ALWAYS been OVER twice as big as Chloe (she's tiny - he's huge) - Chloe was jumping up on my bed at a very early age - Roms had to be "helped" for several weeks - but eventually mastered the "jumping" thing! I wouldn't worry too much at this point - but if you're concerned, as Charline, said, "ask your vet". I still call Chloe my "springer beagle" - and she just turned seven! Roms will be seven next week! Can't believe they're that old! I'm going to miss the old boy when he goes to live with his "boy" (he's going to go to my grandson who has always adored him - Tony and his girlfriend are renting a house with a dog run and a big fenced yard JUST so they can take Romeo). He'll get a lot more attention with Tony than he has here with the rest of the pack, so as much as I'll miss him, it'll be better for him. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/gaah.gif

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
My cousins dogs had to be taught how to jump up on things, and it took a few weeks...
Chloe on the other hand, jumped on the sofa less than half an hour from when I got her home for the very first day. She hasn't stopped since!

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
Eleanor, maybe it's "all in the name" - my Chloe has always been a "jumper", too - my little "springer beagle" /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/hysterical.gif

1 - 7 of 7 Posts