Our Beagle World Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My mom had back surgery last month and, while she's recuperating, I've stayed very close to watch over her.
Since I had to keep her company, I haven't been going outside to run and she says I've gotten chubby, whatever that means.

My reward for being such a good watcher.....Mom's put me on weight reduction kibble, and is severely limiting treats. CAN YOU SAY INGRATE!!!

Li'l Girl

P.S. Mom sends out a big welcome to all the new members. It'll take her awhile to catch up on pictures and posts.

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Li'l Girl -- I totally commiserate with you! I am totally uninterested in any kind of food but I still want my treats and my mean Mommy tells me I can't survive on Lean Treats! I think our Mommies went to the same dog-raising school ...
(P.S. The Lean Treats are really yummy even though they are supposedly lean -- maybe you can convince your Mommy to get you some.

Maggie

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You're mom is so cruel.... I know for a fact that my mommy would love me to gain a pound or two...

I wouldn't be too hard on her though, she probably wants you fit so that when she is all better, she can pick you up and give you a huuuuugggge hug

~Chloe (the skinny one)

·
Premium Member
1,667 Posts
I totally understand Li'l Girl! My Mom says I've been getting too many treats lately and have put on some pounds. I'm not getting as many as I used to, and it's not fair!! I work it all off bouncing up and down the stairs anyway.

Daisy

·
Registered
66 Posts
Hi,this is Tillie and my mommy says I am getting a little chubby too. She tried cutting back on my kibble but I just waited until she wasn't looking and finished off the food one of my basset sisters had left.

·
Premium Member
2,098 Posts
Sandy, my mommy and I send our prayers and well wishes for a speedy recovery!! Special beagle kisses from Calvin and me!

pssssst, Lil'Girl.....my mommy and her friends keep whispering that I've added weight this summer also (although, mommy has also gained a few pounds this summer too!); we are starting on a new exercise plan together by walking more places together. If you have any tips on regaining my girlish figure....perhaps we should begin an online support group.

·
Banned
4,444 Posts
Hope you recover quickly from your back operation.
Susi has got a bit plump so our two are getting carrots as treats for a while. Wish someone would cut my treats out, I am also overweight!!!

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
My mommy makes fun of me for being chubby even though I am skinny.
I think she likes to pick on me. Our mommies can be so mean. Sometimes I do not eat for a whole day because she hurts my feelings.

Lucky

·
Registered
1,239 Posts
This is Violet and my mommy thinks my belly is looking a little rounder than when she got me. Hey! I was a pound puppy 2 months ago, you'd think she'd be glad that I'm getting plenty of food now. But no, her and Daddy keep talking about watching what I eat! Duke gets to eat all he wants and stays skinny, it's just not fair!

I feel for you, L'il Girl!

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
Hiya, fellow Beagles, dis is Menolly. I dunno wut 'chubby' means, but it must be somthin bad. Less food/treats sounds mean. I no my mommy woodnt mind if I gained a few pounds, she keeps sayin 'eat up, Menolly! need to get some meat on thos bones!' Sheesh, if she wasent so pushy, shed see dat Im too eksited 2 eat and need to wiggle lots so I can work up my ap-pet-ite.

Im sorry yur sad, Lil' Girl, but Mommies know wut der talkin about. Lix from me and hugs from Mommy!

PS: pleese excyooz mi spellin as I didn go 2 skool yet.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts