Our Beagle World Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We moved to a new area a few weeks ago and Caesar is busy exploring his new surroundings. But he doesn't poop on our daily walks. He does poop in our back yard when I let him out but never while we are out walking. Is he too nervous? Or still unsure of the new area? It's not like him. Has anyone else had this problem?

·
Registered
991 Posts
I would give almost anything if my three would not poop on our walks! /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif
I am soooo tired of carrying two and three "used" poop bags on every walk. Sometimes I am only two blocks from home and it is pick-up time and we still have another mile to go. Austin feels duty bound to leave a little bit of himself on every walk. Megan has even stopped in the middle of the street and make her deposit. :grr:
Three dogs, three tangled leashes and three "used" bags, all at warp speed to the next storm drain for raccoon sniff if sometimes more than my old knees are up some days. :smack:

·
Premium Member
2,098 Posts
:biglaugh:

·
Registered
135 Posts
:exactly: I'm also glad my Girls dont mess on our walks, most of the time I forget the bags anyway and i am bad at picking it up! /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif

·
Premium Member
1,632 Posts
My two never poop on walks, Sydney won't even pee on a walk. She will wait until we get home and run to the back door to go out for a pee. I guess she likes her privacy. LOL

·
Registered
3,199 Posts
I would think he's still a little unsure of his new surroundings and needs to feel more at home and secure before he poops on a walk. Pooping on a walk makes you a little off guard to anything around you so that's my betting on it.

Rosa will poop anywhere she fancies although she does have her favourite places. All Caesar's favourite places have gone since you moved so he needs to find new ones. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif

·
Premium Member
3,715 Posts
Boy, I wish Shiloh would only poop and pee in our yard! I try to remember a bag, but if I forget and I'm too far from the house to go back for one, I'm always afraid somebody's gonna yell at me. Once I asked a lady who was working outside if she had a plastic bag I could use! /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/shocked.gif
But at least I can get up all the poop. There are a lot of "yard proud" neighbors (especially right next door) who I'm sure get really annoyed if they see Shiloh peeing in their yard. But what can you do? I try to get her to "go before we leave home" but she still leaves what Rick calls "pee mail"!

·
Registered
540 Posts
My girls both poop and leave their post mark of pee for all the neighbor dogs to know they have been by. They also poop in the back yard as they are 3 a day poopers and we only take 2 walks. They have their favorite poop yards...the pretty ones mostly. I have gotten very good about putting their leashes on my left wrist while I pick up poop with my right hand. When I walk them both, I hate it, but have to put full poop bags in my pocket. I always take 4 when walking both girls at the same time and 2 when walking one as you never know. When walking one, sometimes I pick up for someone who forgets a bag or doesn't use one. As a result, no neighbor comments. Since most have dogs, we are respectful to one another and know that they have to go somewhere. Cecil sometimes "marks" for the other dogs, 3 times on a walk. It's just all so funny. I get to the store sometimes and realize I have blue poop bags handy in my pocket. LOL

·
Registered
228 Posts
Spencer wont potty either on walks. Max and Erma have no trouble going when we take our walks but Spencer will not!
I think he only likes to potty in his own backyard. He always poops as soon as we get back home!

·
Registered
308 Posts
The Girls are still real new to the walking game (only been on about 10 walks so far) and NEVER had they stopped to poop.....

Well last night was the first time at a walking park and what does Ms Chloe do????? Yep stopped and squatted right in the middle of the track! I was horrified cause I didn't have any doggy bags. We just ran the rest of the track. BTW tonight I will taking a baggie with me!

·
Registered
540 Posts
Do you want dog poop everywhere in your yard? If we did not pick up our dogs poop, then it would be all over the neighborhood. We probably have about 20+ dogs that walk from time to time around our area and if we did not pick it up, what a horrible thing. Also, our dog parks provide poop bags and each owner is responsible for cleaning up after his/her dog. Imagine a dog park without using poop bags. It's just the right thing to do.

·
Registered
991 Posts
I use the doggie type poop bags because I trust them to hold together for the purpose they were intended. :biglaugh:
A lot of folks use the plastic bag the newspapers are delivered in. I don't trust them. After the paper is thrown and slides 15 feet across the driveway, I am sure that their "wholeness" is in question. Besides the doggie bags seem to be easier to manage and some of them are even scented! :rolleye11:

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
The blue doggie poop bags are a convenient size all folded up. I think I have a blue poop baggie in every pocket of every jacket and pair of pants that I own. Even though he doesn't poop on our walks anymore I know that the first time I leave the house without one he'll "go".

·
Banned
5,083 Posts
Abby hardly ever poops or pees on walks, usually she does that only in the back yard. She trained me long ago into thinking walks for us are just exercise.

I think for her there are just too many things to smell and people to see to waste her "sniffing" time peeing and pooping /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif

·
Registered
786 Posts
Ours always poops on their walks...

I won't let them go on anyones grass, because I've had so many plants ruined by people that walk there dogs and let them poop "anywhere"... Just in case I always have the poop bags ready!

I don't care if mine go in the street as most of the time the sun and rain will take care of the little pile....

1 - 17 of 17 Posts