Our Beagle World Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So lately Monty has been waking me up between 2:30 and 4:30 am, crying to get out of his crate. At first, i would take him out and put him outside, but he wouldn't go potty. Then, we'd come back to the bedroom (his crate is on my side of the bed) and he would jump up on the bed, and curl up in my spot! The past few nights I haven't put him outside, i just open his crate door and he jumps up on the bed next to me and sleeps until the alarm goes.

My question is, does this mean he's sick of being in his crate at night? When we go to bed he doesn't mind going in it, sometimes he even goes in there without us telling him to. I'm just tired from being woken up in the middle of the night...every night, to let him out.

He's almost a year old now, potty training not doing that great, though he can hold it all night, he just chooses not to during the day. I'm worried if i don't put him in the crate at night, he'll make a mess somewhere else at night while we're sleeping.

·
Banned
4,444 Posts
Well the decision is with you. Either you ignore his cries and make him sleep all night in the crate or you leave his crate open and allow him to sleep on the bed.
I have to admit that although our two have their baskets in our bedroom, they do tend to jump on the bed about 7am. We dont mind this as they keep still and wait for us to wake up. If you dont want to share your bed, then you have to pretend you cant hear the cries. Or you remain firm, let him out and then make sure he returns to his crate.

·
Registered
794 Posts
We managed to keep Polly in her crate for about 1 month, then she would start crying. Then she slept with us for about 6 months while doing the housebreaking. This week, she just started sleeping with my oldest son. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif
Yeah, I have my bed back!!
But she does cry at the door to go out around 6am. We keep our bedroom doors shut, so if there is an accident, at least it's minimal. Or if she gets into something...
Walking her in the evening has really helped her sleep through the night, too. (long walks!)
Hope this info helps...

·
Registered
1,440 Posts
Our gang often want to get into bed with us in the morning - to the extent they were not already sleeping there! Even Booker who prefers to sleep alone in her own bed the rest of the time. I really think they get cold in the morning and want to warm up with us under the covers...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts