Our Beagle World Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone have a beagle that will howl in their sleep? Both of my beagles will whimper, bark softly, move their legs, and growl. Actually, they do this a lot. They even snore from time to time. But our little girl, Bella, has twice woken us up with a sleep howl! Its not quite full volume (but loud enough!!), and almost sounds mournful, but it is a howl. Our dogs sleep in the bed with my wife and I, so our first reaction always is Did we roll on her?. Both times she has done this she doesn't realize it was her, she wakes up all confused trying to figure out who was howling... And out other dog just looks at her with great annoyance as he finds a new spot to fall asleep in, obviously mad he was awaken from his sweet slumber.
Personally, besides the adrenaline rush, I think it is kind of funny...

·
Registered
1,969 Posts
Yes, all three of ours have done that on occassion. For the most part they all sleep with us but Gino is the smart one and will sleep on the couch most nights (more room!!).

Roscoe is good for barking, whimpering and running in his sleep.
Cole does it quite often as well, we haven't gotten the full howl yet but that would crack me up!
I always say they are running after all of the squirrels that tease them in our front yard!!

·
Registered
890 Posts
Tucker is a big sleep howler, runner, and everything else. CLeo used to do it too. One time she woke herself up she was so loud. It was funny because she was real confused and didn't know where the sound came from.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Very common in dogs...all my beagles have done it from time to time. Usually putting a hand softly on their flanks without waking them up will calm them somewhat.

It's normal and will usually pass in a short time.

·
Registered
504 Posts
Cassidy doesn't howl in her sleep, thank goodness, but she does breath hard and her legs twitch. Now, Nubi on the other hand, cries and whimpers really loud, and sometimes I have tried to wake her, and I actually have to physically touch her to get her to wake up.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Yes haha, it always wakes me up and I have to push her off the bed lol.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts