Our Beagle World Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a friend from the dog park whose beautiful little girl Tessa has night terrors. She was rescued and, I think, may have been abused but I'm not 100% sure of that.

Anyway, I gave her the forum's url to join but thought I'd ask if anyone knows about it or if they know where a thread exists on it. I searched night terrors and terrors but couldn't find anything and I don't know the clinical name for it.

Apparently it's pretty bad for Tessa and she could use our help.

Thoughts?

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
I'm afraid that will take time to heal. I would suggest letting Tessa sleep with a worn (unwashed) t-shirt from someone she is attached to.

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
When I rescued the Bagel he had doggie nightmares which I suspect is what is happening with Tessa. Dogs, like humans, dream to resolve stress, and it sure sounds like Tessa's dreams are real scary. Love, patience, and before you know it Tessa will be dreaming of tomorrow and happy thoughts. It took my Bagel about 5 months to start having happy dreams. He hasn’t had a nightmare in 10 years now.

·
Banned
4,444 Posts
Ours sometimes have nightmares. Snoopy suddenly howls in his sleep. We wake him and sometimes he jumps into bed with us until he has calmed down.

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks and I believe my friend is going to join and when she does I'll let her give you more specific information in case there is more to it than I have described.

Thank you all for your support and I hope when she posts, you'll add anything more you think is relevant.

Barb

·
Premium Member
2,646 Posts
I had forgotten until I read this post that when Maggie was a baby she used to shriek in the middle of the night. She would shake for a while and then go back to sleep. She was not a rescue. I have had her since 8 weeks so I don't think there was ever any abuse. I don't know what it was but it went away in a few months.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts