Our Beagle World Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
702 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Daisy will be getting her two dead teeth extracted and a teeth cleaning. I'm a little anxious about it because of the anesthesia, but she's getting that little czyst on her eyelid taken off, too, so the vet decided to do both things at the same time.

I'm hoping she won't need anymore dental work for a very loooong time. Not to mention having to make arrangements for monthly payments -- it's going to cost over $400.00.

I'm so glad I took her in for a check up (I already knew she had an ear infection) because I wanted to do a full panel blood test after that one elevated liver enzyme and possible Cushings. The vet said she's doing really well. Her heart sounds very good and her lungs are clear. She got her nails cut, her glands expressed, her rabies shot and ear medicine for both bacteria and yeast -- whew!!!

Wish us well on Wednesday -- I have to get up early to take her in by 7:45AM /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/eek.gif It's been a very long time since I've been up, not to mention moving, at that hour!!!

I'll be a nervous wreck all day. :freak: I go to pick her up after 5:00PM. My poor baby--her eye AND her teeth will hurt. I'm going to ask for pain meds.

I'm, of course, babbling on too much, sorry.

Monica and Daisy :conf12:

·
Registered
702 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Oh, by the way, Daisy's blood work was all very good. :happyhappy: I was sooo relieved!!

Monica and Daisy /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
Whew.... sounds like the vet is busy with Daisy.... I am sure everything is going to go smoothly on Wednesday.... Daisy is a brave girl :thumbup:

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
Good thoughts and prayers will be sent your way. Daisy's certainly getting a lot done, but soon it'll be behind her. So glad that all her bloodwork turned out well.

·
Registered
991 Posts
Positive thoughts and prayers will be headed your way Monica. I know exactly how you feel. I am not a brave trooper when it comes to dental work let alone dental work on my little sweeties. I have been know to sit in the parking lot at the Vet's after I have dropped one off for a "day in the hospital", and sat there and cried my eyes out. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/frown.gif Stay as busy as you can, even if it is mindless busy-work. I gave our bathroom the cleaning of its life when Shasta had dental work done last year! /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif Remember no food for Miss Daisy after 8 the evening before. She will be fine. You will know we care, so you will be fine! :heart:

·
Registered
702 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks, everyone!

I will not forget the fasting from the night before. I'm sure Daisy will remind me loudly and well when she realizes she's not going to get her evening treats--YIKES /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/eek.gif

Monica and Daisy /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

·
Registered
1,440 Posts
We'll be thinking of you and Daisy tomorrow. I agree that it is a good idea to get multiple procedures done at once to avoid having to go under anesthetic more than absolutely necessary - that was what we did recently with Booker when we waited and had seven growths removed all at once. Although having the stitches all over the place did make her uncomfortable for the first night, at least she only had one recovery to go through.

And yes, not getting her before-bed treat the night before was definitely NOT acceptable to her and she was quite "up in paws" about it!

·
Registered
51 Posts
I agree, I was a nervous wreck when I my dog had dental work done. I hated that they had to put her under anesthesia. Daisy will be fine though and she'll feel better after it's all done. We'll be thinking of you!

·
Registered
1,335 Posts
Thinking of Daisy today....

Hope all goes well Monica... update when you have news.

·
Registered
650 Posts
Daisy, My 10 year old Chloe had the same exact procedure done a year ago, except she had three teeth removed along with the cyst (sp?). She pulled through like a litte trooper, and I noticed that she was much happier having those bad teeth gone!! I'm sure everything will be fine! :heart:

·
Registered
959 Posts
Better tio have it done than leave her in pain, but like with our people children it's harder on us than them. Give her a kiss on the nose for me.....I'm sure you will take good care of her.

Cathy and the boys.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts