Our Beagle World Forums banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello! I am glad to find an actual beagle forum. I am the guardian to actually 4 beagles and a whole host of fosters. I am an executive member for a beagle rescue foundation out of St. John's, Newfoundland that rescues ex hunting beagles.
Mine are Bugsey (8), Callie (6), Soozie (2), and Polly (12) who we just adoted a month ago. They are the absolute lights of my life. I am also soon to be starting my courses and mentorship to become a dog trainer. In rescue (as I am sure to which many of you can attest) we have a few dogs with baggage and I would love to work with these dogs to help keep them in their homes as opposed to rehoming them.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you. I finally figured out the image thing so here we go.

First is Soozie then Callie, then Bugsey and finally Polly.

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
We;come to Beagle World. My rescue beagle has long since lost his rescue bqggage but it did take a few years. I admire anyone who fosters but like you, I'm afraid I'd collect 3 or four. I still work and my beagle is home alone weekdays but we make up for it on weekends. I can't imagine the horror stories about how some of these dogs come to be homeless, how could a dog like Polly need a home but Bless you for being there for her. I suspect I'm partial to Bugsey and Polly but would love to hear pf all your beagles. Looking forward to exchanging information, advice, and darn good stories bout a beagles.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Bugsey was my very first Beagle and we got him from a breeder before we were educated about the many dogs that need a good home. I also had his brother Capone from the same breeder, but he died at 5 from Addisons disease. We then were looking to rescue a beagle (slowly learning) and we decided we needed a little lemon girl beagle. We contacted a few rescues in Canada and voila Callie needed a new home in our province (fate). Soon we started helping this rescue foundation find and interview families for adoptions and we started fostering. We just happened to be driving up to Edmonton and there was a little girl beagle that needed a ride so we offered to take her up with us. As soon as I looked into her eyes and saw the resentment and mistrust in Soozie's eyes I said if this family doesn't want her I do as I realized she was a kindred spirit of my youth. Just so happened that that family could not deal with her and her agression so back she came. We found out we were her 4th home. She is now the most wonderful snuggley puppy I have. Polly I saw on the adoption website and said to hubby "she's mine". So as soon as I finished fostering my two dogs in the summer we arranged her flight. She is just starting to come out of her little shell and demand her snuggles like the rest. She is also mostly deaf, but it doesn't seem to make that much of a difference. Hand signals I am teaching her work pretty good. She has a very soft coat for a beagle too which makes her more snuggley. She was used as a breeder for many years and when she had outlived her usefulness they gave her away. One of her daughters is also on the website. Her name is Dolly.

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
Quote:Originally posted by we3beagles:
Polly I saw on the adoption website and said to hubby "she's mine". So as soon as I finished fostering my two dogs in the summer we arranged her flight. She is just starting to come out of her little shell and demand her snuggles like the rest. She is also mostly deaf, but it doesn't seem to make that much of a difference. Hand signals I am teaching her work pretty good. She has a very soft coat for a beagle too which makes her more snuggley. She was used as a breeder for many years and when she had outlived her usefulness they gave her away. One of her daughters is also on the website. Her name is Dolly.
I just can see having a dog for over a decade and then just giving her up. I knew there was a sorry story behind Polly and I am sure glad your were there to give her the final years she deserves. Over the years I've had many opportunities to give deserving critters a forever home and I expect, they are all waiting at the bridge.

I keep telling my beagle we have got to adopt another. I'm sure he agrees. Love your pictures. they all look very happy!

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
Welcome to you and your whole crew of gorgeous beagles! I loved reading how you came to have your pups and so glad you got the hang of posting pictures so quickly. Really beautiful beagles! Like Bob, I am partial to senior beagles since my adopted Maggie is now a very distinguished 11 years old. Looking forward to hearing about many more adventures and seeing more pics. Glad you found us!

·
Premium Member
2,098 Posts
A heartwarming story, and a beautiful crew you have there! You'll fit in well here on the board......WELCOME :wave:

·
Registered
517 Posts
Welcome to BW!

Those are some great looking Beagles you have :thumbup:

·
Registered
702 Posts
Hi and Welcome! So happy to have you join our crowd. Love your Beagle family -- They're all so cute!

It's always so heartwarming to know a real angel for these rescues. I salute you. :wave:

·
Premium Member
3,715 Posts
What a beautiful bunch of beagley babes you have!! Welcome to BW, and thanks for the sweet story of their rescues.

And MySweetDaisy, I don't think I've welcomed you to BW either. So here's a big "howdy" to you too! /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

·
Registered
794 Posts
Welcome to Beagle World! :wave:
We have a Polly, too. She is about 3 1/2 months old...someone just dumped her at 5 weeks old!

I have some pics of her under Beagle discussion.

Connie

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
There seems to be an amazing amount of gorgeous beagles on this site. I have been admiring your photos and hope to get some more of mine posted soon. I get my new foster puppy on Thursday and he has so many issues he will probably be with me a while so I hope to get great pics of him too. Thanks for the warm welcome.

·
Registered
519 Posts
Hi we3beagles!!

welcome to B-Dub :wave:

nice lookin' beags, I like the black and white photos, nice touch

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Thanks rjdmtb. They are from my wall of fame. I have a wall in my home dedicated to my beagles and any foster that stays with me a while. Gettin pretty full and one more on the way tomorrow. I see you have a frog dog. None of mine do that, but I think it is so cute the beags that do.

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
Quote:Originally posted by we3beagles:
I see you have a frog dog.
Someone on BW penned this pose as a "freagle" which describes it to a "t". There are a couple of threads with lots of freagle poses -- just put the word into the "search". My Maggie's joints won't let her adopt this pose but I love looking at the pictures.

·
Registered
862 Posts
A warm welcome to you and all your wonderful-looking beagles :wave: !!!

Looking forward to sharing more stories and pics /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif .

·
Registered
322 Posts
Beautiful babies you have!!!! Welcome to BW...you won't be disappointed!!! My girls are Thelma and Louise, litter sisters, 20 mos. old. Never had a beagle (or any dog to speak of) until we got these two. We are absoulutely in love with our babies. Send more px!!! Beth, Bill, Thelma and Louise

1 - 20 of 22 Posts