Our Beagle World Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone,my furbaby's name is Shiloh and Shiloh is abot 2 1/2 yeas old. He was given to me at about 5 weeks by a hunter that was tryng to reduce his number of dogs in the pack. We live in Arkansas and I am retired now. It is jusy the two of us here and Shiloh is like a family member to me. I really enjoy his company and don't know what I woul do with out him ! I am sure I will like it here because everyone here seems to really love their beagle and only wants to seek the best for him !

This is recent picture of my Shiloh laying under my PC desk.

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
Welcome to Beagle World! :wave: I just watched the movie, "Shiloh," a couple of weeks ago. We have another Shiloh here who lives in Connecticut.

The original link you had here didn't show your fine-looking guy, so I grabbed his picture from another thread and popped it in here. Hope you don't mind.

·
Premium Member
2,098 Posts
Welcome to BeagleWorld Shiloh! You're sure a handsome fella! Love that dark handsome face!

I have a 2+ year old female chocolate beagle with light colored eyes and face; I think she is also from a hunting line of beagles common to this area.

Can't wait to hear Shiloh stories :wave:

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
Howdy :wave:

Welcome to Beagle World. Seems we have a lot in Common. I ain't retired yet bet getting getting closer every week. My beagle is my closest companion as well. Looking forward to exchanging stories.

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Quote:Originally posted by Sandyj:
Welcome to Beagle World! :wave: I just watched the movie, "Shiloh," a couple of weeks ago. We have another Shiloh here who lives in Connecticut.

The original link you had here didn't show your fine-looking guy, so I grabbed his picture from another thread and popped it in here. Hope you don't mind.
Thanks Sandy ! Seems each message board I post at has a different way of posting photos. :rotflmao: Guess I need to play around with it somemore. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/confused.gif

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
Welcome Littledude and Shiloh.

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
Welcome to BW! Shiloh is quite handsome -- love the ticking on his legs. My 12 year old rescue, Maggie, is the love of my life so definitely can relate to the bond you have with Shiloh. Looking forward to stories about Shiloh's antics and seeing lots more pics!

·
Premium Member
3,715 Posts
Hey littledude!! Glad you made it here to our little world!! I'm a bit behind, but Miss Shiloh and I say :wave: to you and Mr. Shiloh! He is a good lookin' boy. Love those freckles!! /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Quote:Originally posted by Genie:
Hey littledude!! Glad you made it here to our little world!! I'm a bit behind, but Miss Shiloh and I say :wave: to you and Mr. Shiloh! He is a good lookin' boy. Love those freckles!! /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif
With all the freckles on his legs like that to someone else they probably think "he never baths that poor animal" . /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif Which I don't,a lot,! Ever wrestle an alligator? /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif For some reason Shiloh hates water and trying to dry him off is even more fun !! /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif ,but he would stop chewing. Later all I would haveto do was pickup the bottle and he knew what he was doing was bad and he quit the chewing. I live in a small rural area of south Arkansas so there was no where I could take him to be trained so had to do some myself and in some areas I will be first to say,didn't do to good ! /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/frown.gif But still love him,anyway!

·
Premium Member
3,410 Posts
Welcome LD& Shiloh! You have been presented with a great time in your life to accept a beag! I must "assume" that this is your first encounter with this "notoriously stubborn" breed & it's a great thing that you can devote much of your time with the new hound! :thumbup: Beags have been a hound of choice in my family for over 80 years thanks to their hunting success & the fact that a "medium sized dog" with a "low maint" coat is nearly like having a "perpetual kid" in the family! (Forgive me if I seem to brag about Goober...but he has been the most perfect beagle in the family so far)! And he is also the longest living one soo far, as he is over 15 1/4 yrs old & still has the energy to keep-up with my much younger "Homer-the-huge" mix-bred dog! :thumbup:

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by NORTHWEST *******:
Welcome LD& Shiloh! You have been presented with a great time in your life to accept a beag! I must "assume" that this is your first encounter with this "notoriously stubborn" breed & it's a great thing that you can devote much of your time with the new hound! /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif

·
Premium Member
3,410 Posts
LD & Shiloh...Get used to wearing "mis-matched" slippers like I did when Goober was a pup! And once again, as he entered his seinour years after he turned 10! That "said" though...beags have a very friendly disposition thru their entire life & do not get "grumpy & nippy" in their elder years! Sure, Goober collides with my shins now & then...but always wags his tail as I "fuss over him"! He can still see well enough, (with proper lighting) to use the dog door! (Despite his age, his biggest challenge is low light situations)! :thumbup:

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Quote:Originally posted by NORTHWEST *******:
LD & Shiloh...Get used to wearing "mis-matched" slippers like I did when Goober was a pup! And once again, as he entered his seinour years after he turned 10! That "said" though...beags have a very friendly disposition thru their entire life & do not get "grumpy & nippy" in their elder years! Sure, Goober collides with my shins now & then...but always wags his tail as I "fuss over him"! He can still see well enough, (with proper lighting) to use the dog door! (Despite his age, his biggest challenge is low light situations)! :thumbup:
Now that Shiloh is all of 2 1/2 :thumbup: Wouldn't change things here with him for the world. He is my BESTEST Bud :thumbup: Sometime he forgets but most time pretty good. :rotflmao:

·
Premium Member
3,410 Posts
Woo-Hoo, it sounds like Shiloh out-grew the "terrible two's" early! :evilgrin:

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Quote:Originally posted by NORTHWEST *******:
Woo-Hoo, it sounds like Shiloh out-grew the "terrible two's" early! :evilgrin:
When it comes to food,beagles can really surprise you with feats that you would not think possible of such a small dog and "rowdy",when he is outside eating anything any other dog even looking at his food bowel gets a good reprimand ! :rotflmao:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts