Our Beagle World Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone. Just wanted to introduce myself and our Beagle Stanley.
My wife and I decided it was time to get another dog. Our last dog, a Doberman named Jake had passed away in 1995 after a pretty good life. We felt bad about losing him so we avoided getting another new member until last month. Our two daughters, Kristen 21, and Jessica 18, had been wanting another dog so we sent them out to the local SPCA. They found our Stanley. A 4-ish yr. old li'l fella who is a great dog. He was a midwest stray and he is sort of unique, Stanley is missing his right hind leg. He gets around great! Unless you notice his missing appendage, you might overlook it.
He had kennel cough when he came home and that turned in to pneumonia and a night at the vet. He's all better now and he's showing us his real personality. Not sure what he's been through but I know he's going to a happy dog for a long time.
We have two acres of woods in our yard and he's in training with his new invisible fence.
Anyway, thanks for having us and I will keep you updated with his progress.

Here's Stan going for a walk. Stan in Action (wmv)

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
Welcome to BW!! Your girls did good in their selection. I'm sure Stanley (Great name!) is happy to be with you guys. I love the video!

·
Registered
865 Posts

Stanley is very lucky to have found your family!! He is quite handsome! We look forward to hearing more about Stanley and his new family!!

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
Howdy - Welcome to Beagle World and a big old welcome arroooo to Stanley. Your daughters did good. Bless you for giving Stanley a forever home.

·
Premium Member
2,594 Posts
Welcome to you and Stanley! Thank you to you and your family for rescuing him and giving him a great home. He is such a handsome guy!

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
to BW! I join everyone in thanking you for giving Stanley a wonderful new family and home. If you hadn't said something about his missing leg, I never would have noticed until he turned around.

·
Banned
4,444 Posts
A big welcome to beagle world. Thank you for taking a rescue and a three legged one at that. I am sure you will be rewarded with lots of love from Stanley.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Welcome! I think it's wonderful that you've brought Stanley into a loving home, I'm sure he will return that love forever.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts