Our Beagle World Forums banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, my name is Sherri Adkins and I am soooooo happy to have found this site. I already belong to a forum for Cocker Spaniels and have always looked for a forum for people owned by Beagles! This is just great. I have already been reading a lot of your topics and I have enjoyed them thoroughly! I am going to try and attach a picture of my beagle Kayla, along with some that have my honorary beagle (aka a Cocker Spaniel, Toby). I have a cat named Andrew but Kayla likes to refer to him as "The Hissy Creature!" She tries to play with him but he just can't understand why she has to howl at him so much.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Ow darn, I cant figure out this picture thing yet /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/frown.gif Can anyone help me out? It's a lot different than the other forum I am on. Hopefully I can figure it out soon so you can see my pretty babies!

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
Howdy Sheri :wave: Welcome to Beagle World. A big old welcome arroooo to Kayla. My rescue beagle Bagel happy wags to Toby and Andrew. I have trouble with posting pictures as well but I know you have to have upload the pictures on to site that allows "outside" reference. There is a help somewhere on this site which walks you through this process but I'd have to search for it. I think they may have moved it from Breagle Discussion to its own Beagle World Forum, let me open another window and check. Yup, it's called "Photo Posting Help" Anyway, more years ago than Bagel or I care to remember we help doggie socialize a Cocker. He was mean, Bagel was patience (and quick enough to keep out of reach of the Cocker's attempts to bite. The fact that the Bagel still wanted to be friends, wagging tail, universal play position, and strong encouragement from the Cocker's owner led to the Cocker's tolerance and Bagel a new playmate. I bet Toby and Kayla get along just fine. I guess I'm just rambling but welcome to Beagle World and I'm sure someone will come along to help with posting pictures soon.

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
Welcome Sherri, Kayla, Toby & Andrew. :wave: A lot of folks here use Photobucket for uploading pictures so they can post them here. I use Shutterfly since I started with it years ago, and it's familiar. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif

Our pack includes Li'l Girl, our rescue beagle, Misty, whippet mix, Traveler, Rhodesian RR mix (we think), Spook, probably lab/australian shepherd mix, and the queen, Miss Priss, calico cat. Misty is the only one who isn't a rescue. Believe me this crew keeps us on our toes! :eyes:

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Looks like a lot of people here have rescued their pets. I forgot to mention that I rescued Kayla as well. To make a long story short...she had gone through 5 homes by the young age of 1 1/2yrs old. So we are her 6th and forever home!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Ow and Bob...its funny you should mention that Bagel helped socialize a cocker spaniel. When I rescued Kayla I lived in NC and ran and managed a doggie daycare and boarding facility. Kayla was GREAT with all dogs! She ended up being the dog that did all the temperment testings on all the new campers. She never met a dog she didn't like. And she never met a dog that she wasn't dominent over. She is definitely the ALPHA dog, thats for sure!

·
Registered
751 Posts
welcome. look forward to your pictures. I too had a Cocker. He is an angel now looking over me but I was so in love with him!

Marley - current Beagle. Charlie - my angel.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
She really isn't mean, but given the opportunity she can get quite nasty. Like I said before she is very dominent, even over people. That last pic was the first night we brought her home. She had a lot of issues that needed working on but we got through them. She now sleeps in a crate and LOVES it. She would love to sleep in the bed with us, but I think given the opportunity she would try to keep us out of it like she did that night. She is such a sweet girl, we just have to keep her in check!

·
Registered
1,163 Posts
Welcome Sherri and all your furry friends. I hope you enjoy the site.

·
Registered
324 Posts
Mr. Shiloh & I welcome Sherri & her pack to BW ! :wave: :thumbup:

·
Registered
751 Posts
love them!

I am sad to admit I have seen those teeth with Marley too. Have to keep him in check like you said.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts