Our Beagle World Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all! I am a kinda new Beagle Mommy of 2 little not so precious /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif today Beagle ladies, Chloe and Lillie. They are 4 months old today and they have lived at home with my husband and I for 2 of those months.

This past weekend they learned how to take their first walk on a leash (I know I am a bad Mommy but we have a fairly big fenced in yard that they play in several hours a day). Funny thing for the Beagle nose to be pulling in the opposite direction of the harness. But the girls seem to be adapting well to the harness. They are also doing very well on the housetraining (they love love love their crate) but it has been easier than average, since my husband is able to stop in a couple of times a day to let them out. Within the past week, my hubby has been sneaking them into bed with us at night and even though they are placed at the foot of the bed (I am told) I can not tell if I am going to wake up to a puppy tongue or a puppy butt in my face :rotflmao: .

I am looking for advice on what is a good dog food to feed them. I have been using Beneful but the girls gorge themselves on it (even in limited quanities) and sometimes throw it up. And from what else I am reading about it, it is not one of the best that I can feed them.

Thanks so much and looking forward to knowing all of you!

Gonna try and see if I can post some pictures

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
Welcome to Beagle World. :wave: Chloe and Lillie are adorable, and that last picture is priceless. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
Welcome to BW! Your girls are beautiful -- it must be such fun to watch two beagle puppies growing up together. Looking forward to many more pics.

·
Registered
345 Posts
Welcome, they are so cute. I love the peanut butter picture. Fin tried to do that with my glass of water one time but his big head got stuck and when he lifted his head the water poured all over him. It was really funny!!

·
Premium Member
2,869 Posts
Hi and Welcome from Henry and I (aka Denise) :wave:

Chloe and Lillie are positively precioius! And like everybody has said, the last picture is priceless. I love it!!!

Save the next really cute one for the Beagle World Calendar! If it's posted on the forum it can't be in the calendar.

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
Howdy, Welcome to Beagle World :wave:
A big beagly arrroooo to Chloe and Lillie.
I've found beagles can be rather piggish when it comes to food, wolfing down too much too quickly may be why it sometimes comes back up. My beagle gets Purina Pedigree dry kibble, meets his needs and is inexpensive compared to other products. When I first rescued him, he'd attack the food like it would be gone in 30 seconds and it was. I hand feed him his ration of kibble, one piece at a time for about a week and he learned to eat a little slower. He will still eat his cup and half in 7/8 minutes but he does chew it now! Unless they do trust their sibling, I see no reason why that wouldn't work with Chloe and Lillie.

If you want to switch them another food, do a search of past posts, there have been several long and informative threads on the subject.

Again welcome to Beagle World!

·
Premium Member
2,098 Posts
Welcome to you and your gorgeous girls.....great pictures by the way (keep 'im comin'!)

Looking forward to watching them grow...

·
Registered
157 Posts
/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif Looking forward to more pictures and lots of stories.

Lora&Tippi

"My little dog. A heartbeat at my feet."
Edith Wharton

·
Registered
448 Posts
Welcome to you and your cute little beags! They are adorable~!!

With your feeding-do you separate them, or just put a bowl for them to share?? I know some people feed their dogs the same food you do-and dont have too many problems with it. My female beagle Maggie is a PIG too.. seriously. She is about 9 1/2 months old and she is a TANK! she just puts her head right in there and scarfs it down... so I have to keep my 3 separate somewhat while they eat. Mainly so Harley and Chopper get some too, but also so she can't gorge on all of it.

Good luck and looking forward to more pics and more stories, /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif
Judi and the gang

·
Registered
702 Posts
Welcome Tammy, Chloe & Lillie :wave:

The pics are just adorable!! My Daisy got into the peanut butter jar, too, but I wasn't home to see it!!

Your new babies are gorgeous. We love to see puppy pics, especially those of us who have had only older rescues. We have to get our "fix" from all the puppy people :thumbup:

It's great to have you aboard -- Arrooos from Daisy /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif

Monica and Daisy /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

·
Registered
29 Posts
Welcome! Your girls are so cute. My scooter loves the end of the peanut butter jar too!

·
Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Quote:Originally posted by Laxmobster:
Welcome, they are so cute. I love the peanut butter picture. Fin tried to do that with my glass of water one time but his big head got stuck and when he lifted his head the water poured all over him. It was really funny!!
Thanks for the warm welcomes :wave: !!!!!

Since they are still Babies I probably will have someone coming down on me for this next one.......we discovered they love Wine too!!!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts