Our Beagle World Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone -
I recently came across this board and thought I'd stop in to say hi.

I'm one of the Directors of Cascade Beagle Rescue, East located in Central New Jersey. We opened on 3/1/06 and in the last 8 months have placed almost 60 beagles /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

We don't take in owner surrenders but we love helping shelters and work actively with PA, West VA, VA, Ohio, NJ, NY, CT and KY.

I will be an active member here on this board and welcome you to visit our site at www.cascaderescue.org/east.hml

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
Welcome to BW! It sounds like you do good work for our favorite breed. I tried to take a look at your website but the link isn't working. Do you have any beagles of your own?

·
Premium Member
3,715 Posts
Hi CBRE and welcome to Beagle World! :wave: Doing rescue work must be so rewarding. We'd love to hear about your adventures and the forever homes you're found. There are other people here who do rescue work--y'all can compare notes.
One thing though is that when I clicked on your link, I got an error message. You might want to check it--should it maybe be html instead of hml? Anyway I went to your website by googling it, and fell in love with Joe Cool!! Poor baby to have never had a home! I hope you're able to find him one soon.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hi again -
I apologize for the bad link - you can visit us at www.cascaderescue.org (click on the "east" map) for the NJ site or the "west" map for our sister site in Oregon.

Thank you for the warm welcome!

Yes I have beags of my own /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif Three. 2 are formerly from laboratory research facilities. One pooch was adopted from BREW, two were adopted from SOS Beagle Rescue!

Rescue is a very rewarding experience for anyone who does it (although it is definitely a learning experience).

Hope everyone has a great weekend - I'll be off doing adoption events and public meet & greets most of the weekend and praying it's not going to be really chilly!!

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
Wow, thanks for the job you do with rescuing Beagles. I just looked at your site, and read a little bit about your featured Beagle, "Joe Cool".

I can only say, it breaks my heart to read stories like his. He has such a gentle looking face and eyes crying for love. I hope you are able to place him in a loving, first home.

Got to go hug my Beagle now!

Thank you again.

"the other Joe" /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/frown.gif

·
Premium Member
2,098 Posts
I also read Joe Cool's story and it just breaks my heart! Praying for a forever home for Joe Cool this weekend! Maybe a meet and greet will bring the perfect family for that poor gentle boy.

Good Luck with the new east wing of Cascade Rescue. :thumbup:

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks guys -
Joe "Cool" is a wonderful little guy. We had a fundraiser a few weeks ago with the woman who wrote that beagle book titled "That Dog Won't Hunt". It was so funny - so spent almost the entire day with Joe on her lap giving him belly rubs. Pretty funny and no complaints from Joe - he loved all the attention!!

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
Welcome to Beagle World, and thank you for your rescue work. :wave: I'm also hoping for a forever home for Joe Cool 'cause he richly deserves one. Sounds like the east wing of Cascade Beagle Rescue is off to a good start. :thumbup:

·
Premium Member
1,729 Posts
Welcome to BW,and thanks for sharing the web-site. My eyes are welled up reading the story of Giani, who would do something cruel to a beautiful creature like a beagle!

Charlie mom

·
Premium Member
1,827 Posts
It makes me so sad

You are doing a great job.

Well done from over the other side of the "Pond"

We dont seem to have a crisis with beagles in welfare (mind you getting a beagle over here is like gold dust)

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks so much for the nice welcome /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif
Gianni (someone mentioned her) is actually THE reason Cascade is in existence. Our West chapter has been around for a while - we're a pretty new chapter but we came from another rescue that does lots of work in Tennessee so we're familiar with the workings of rescue.

Gianni by the way is the little dog on all of our logos (that is jumping through the ribbon hoop or over the mountain). That dog is amazing and she had a heartbreaking start.

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
Welcome to Beagle World. What a nifty expansion of a great group. I checked out your west site to see what was happening and discovered Braveheart has a forewver home and a new sister. How cool! My rescue beagle Bagel sends a welcome aboard arrroooo to ya.

·
Banned
4,444 Posts
Welcome to BW. Keep up the good work. We have two ex research beagles, which spent 5 years behind bars. Susi had the hardest time. You can read about them by looking at past posts under beagle discussions.
Angela with Susi and Snoopy :wave:

·
Registered
97 Posts
Sending a big Welcome from Buddy :wave: a rescue from a WV shelter, I am glad there is an organization helping out in our neck of the woods, When we adopted Buddy there were at least 6 other beagles there. I hope you enjoy the forum. Best wishes :bounce:

·
Registered
435 Posts
A little late as well, (there's just been too too much going on around these parts lately!) but welcome from all of us at the Orlando beagle ranch! :thumbup:

1 - 20 of 20 Posts