Our Beagle World Forums banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello Beagle lovers!!

It's great to find a site dedicated to Beagles. Just getting my feet under me and learning how to manage this site!!

I have 1 beagle her name is Jazz she's now 4 months old, a little star!! She adores people unlike any other dog i've known. She would nearly trip up people when they're passing to go over and say hello!!

Looking forward to getting advice from all you experienced Beagle lovers!!

Kelly

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
to BW! Jazz is a cutie as is your son -- I love the picture of them sitting together in Jazz' bed. Looking forward to hearing all about your family's adventures with your pup!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hello, I'm new to this today, please can you tell me does your 4 month old growl when you try and remove her from sitting on your lap? mine does and i am worried about this.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Hi Gaz

No she doesn't growl, so far she's a pretty quiet beagle I've heard they can be pretty noisy!!! She really is a determined little thing though will not take no for an answer when she wants to jump up, she just bounds up and down on the spot! Ears flopping madly!!

I did get advise from a pretty experienced dog owner at the begining and he said not to pick her up of have her on your lap as it gives them a feeling of domination over you. So maybe that explains why she growls at you as if to say who do you think you are, I wanna stay here!!!!

Kelly

·
Premium Member
3,410 Posts
Jethro is a quiet beagas well & shy with new people!
My first puppy, Goober was a very outgoing beag that loved
to meet new people & their dogs! (In his last spring, I
took him & Homer to the newly opened dog park) @ the
Washington state line for his birthday and he loved every
minute of it! As, every dog owner there gravitated to him
to ask how old he was! (Even their dogs wanted to play with
him)! (Homer-the-Huge) played with the younger large mix-
breeds... But, Goober stole the show, with most of the
young dogs & ALL the elder ones ! Goober lived a very long
life...(perhaps, too long)!!! NOT! Goober was born 12 April
1992 & died 21 Sept 2008. I hope Jethro will beat his
record!

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Thanks Alison, its such a great site very informative and great to get advise from other beagle owners!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts