Our Beagle World Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just came across your forum and thought it was fantastic! Just wanted to introduce myself, as well as Sweetie, our new beagle girl we adopted from the shelter. Hopefully this picture works out ok! They say they turned her in for barking too much. Funny thing is she is about as quiet as they come....and housebroken as well!

We recently lost our beloved Jo-Jo as well. I adopted him from a couple who no longer wanted him. They said he was 13 when we got him. I had a great 2 years with him and will miss him dearly.

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
Welcome to BW! First, thank you so much for opening your home to rescues, especially seniors. Jo-Jo is now an honorary beagle -- thank you for sharing him with us. How anyone could give up a dog after 13 years boggles my mind! I adopted my beagle, Maggie, when she was about 1 year old and she is almost 13. Sweetie is just that -- her picture came out perfectly. I think "too much barking" is a common reason for beagles to be turned over to shelters and they are probably all just being beagles! Looking forward to lots more pics and stories about Sweetie.

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
Welcome :wave:

Sweetie looks just that. She seems to be very comfy at your home. Thank you for rescuing her (and Jo-Jo).
Looking forward to stories and more pictures

·
Premium Member
2,869 Posts
A big "arrooo" and "welcome" to you and Sweetie from Henry Beetle and I! :wave:

Sweetie looks extra comfortable in her pic. Her name fits her precious face perfectly.

My sympathy on your loss of Jo Jo. Bless you one hundred times over for taking him in when he needed you. Like Judy said, it boggles my mind at the thought of turning in any animal but especially one you've had for 13 years. So sad to not be wanted anymore.

My Henry was a hurricane dog and came to us scared and sick. He is now healthy, happy and spoiled rotten. He was picked up as a stray...I wish he could tell us what life was like for him before. No matter...he's ours now! :happyhappy:

On behalf of both of them, thank you for rescuing Sweetie and Jo Jo. Keep us updated on Sweetie's acclimation to her new home.

~Denise

·
Premium Member
3,715 Posts
Awww, Sweetie is so cute--love her spots! Sounds like she really lives up to her name. I'm sorry for the recent loss of your Jo Jo. He looks like he was a love. Thank you for taking him in and giving him a fine loving home for his last years. :angel:

·
Registered
991 Posts
Welcome to the best forum on the net! You will fit in just fine. You have already proven you are a true Beagle lover by taking in your senior Jo-Jo. I really have trouble with people that would dump a sweetheart like that. Those of us that have or have had seniors know that they are special.
I think all beagles should have a middle name of "sweetie" because you will never meet one that isn't! Yours looks like she had made herself right at home and is totally settled in. Love those belly shots! :heart:

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
Howdy :wave: Welcome to Beagle World, look forward to sharing many stories about Seetie. I'm so glad you were there for Sweetie and Jo-Jo. I can't imagine how anyone could give up a 13 year old dog. Bless you for being their for Jo-Jo. My beagle was rescue but he was "3 to 5" years old when I saved him from being PTS. He will have been with me for 10 years this february. Senior dogs our so special.

·
Registered
702 Posts
Hi and welcome to you and Sweetie :wave: How wonderful of you to rescue her and your dear Jo-Jo. :heart:

They are both adorable. And you know, of course, Jo-Jo will be waiting for you!

"Barking too much" Ha! That's a Beagle's 2nd most important job in life!! The first one is to find food in every place possible. Sweetie just needs time to trust you enough to accept your cuddles. She may never want them all the time, but she'll come to respect and love you when she's sure you will never hurt her. Then she'll let you cuddle even though it might not be her favorite thing.

Again, welcome.

Monica and Daisy /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

·
Registered
295 Posts
Aw, what a pretty girl! I love when doggies lay on their backs like that /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

And so sorry for the loss of your sweet Jo-Jo. He was so lucky to have you love him. What's up with people who discard their pets, especially a 13 year old ??! /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/mad.gif

·
Premium Member
2,646 Posts
Welcome. I love the name Sweetie. It is a perfect fit. Looking forward to hearing more about her.

·
Registered
324 Posts
Mr. Shiloh & I welcome you & Sweetie to BW ! Sorry to hear of the loss of your other baby and I am sure he received more love in his last years and I "thank you" for that !
Quote: I think "too much barking" is a common reason for beagles to be turned over to shelters and they are probably all just being beagles!
I think this is something a lot of people don't think about when taking on a beagle for a pet. This,too,can be overcome with training but sometimes not completely. Remember a beagle was a hunting dog first and hunting dogs not barking aren't much good.

·
Registered
448 Posts
Hello and welcome to you and Sweetie.. looking forward to you joining in our postings and joining the pack here! /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif
Judi
Harley and Betty Boop

·
Registered
1,440 Posts
A big welcome arrooo to you and Sweetie from Vancouver! Sorry to hear about the loss of Jo-Jo - as others have said it is wonderful to hear that you adopted an older dog and managed to give him love and companionship in his later years when he wasn't wanted anymore by his former owners. And it sounds like Sweetie is just that - a sweetie!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.