Our Beagle World Forums banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So..hello! I am Kristina and me and my boyfriend just got our first puppy. We got a miniature tri-colored beagle, her name is Lexi. She is now 11wks old. And boy do we love it! We are crate training her and its mighty tough but, we both work from home so it is nice! I'd like to get any tips and lots of knowledge about beagles! So please feel free! Thanks so much can't wait to get started on learning!

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
We LOVE pictures -- many of us have only had adult rescues in our lives so we get our puppy fixes from other BW members. Be sure to put cuteness alert in your subject line -- that way if any of us look at them while at work, we'll know to whisper our aw-w-w's!

Attachments

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
here are some pictures! she is sitting next to me now tilting her head to the movement of the mouse on the screen she is going balistic!!

OK, so i hope the pictures worked. if not ill try again!!!

Attachments

·
Registered
1,163 Posts
Welcome. I love the last picture. That is exactly how my now 2.5 year old stud rode home from his breeder's house. (right between the seat and my neck)

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
Welcome
That last picture is oh so precious

·
Banned
4,444 Posts
A big welcome to beagle world. That last pic is great and you have a lovely pup there.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Thanks, she is my sweetheart! So are beagles just all around hard to train? I've heard this, and am having a hard time with Lexi, I hear they train well with food rewards but it's getting her to stay still haha. I know she is a pup but I want her to train early!!!

·
Registered
511 Posts
Originally Posted By: lvourbglelexiThanks, she is my sweetheart! So are beagles just all around hard to train? I've heard this, and am having a hard time with Lexi, I hear they train well with food rewards but it's getting her to stay still haha. I know she is a pup but I want her to train early!!!
Keep in mind that just like people some catch on easier than others.

Murphy is now 8-1/2 months old. He's been the most challenging dog for us to train. Not because he's not intelligent (he's very smart), but it seems that I needed to understand beagles better. Once I started to understand them the training went a lot easier.

I can also highly recommend puppy and intermediate classes for beagle puppies. Murphy graduated intermediate class a couple weeks ago and it was well worth it, for both the training and scocialization.

Good luck!

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
Welcome to our little corner of the net. Congrats to you guys. There are good people here and you could not have choosen a better place to gain advice and share your joys, than here.

·
Registered
1,969 Posts
Welcome! You will get some great advice here so ask away!

1 - 20 of 28 Posts