Our Beagle World Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone!! My name is Crystal Smith and I am the proud new mama to Harley, a 9 week old Tri Colored Female. We got her last weekend (Saturday) and are very happy to have her with us and part of our family. We live on a small rabbit farm in Central Illinois with approx 60 head of rabbits. We also have 6 guinea pigs (4 male -- Marshmallow, Cosmo, Mac and Dale, 2 female -- Sally and Betty), a 2 yr old ESS named Madeline, a female sun conure named Skittles, a male blue quaker named Skye and an almost 3 yr old female hedgehog named Harriet.

I am also the proud wife to Brian for 12.5 yrs!! Mom to 3 beautiful human kids -- Cody is 12, Austin is 9 and Autumn is 6. We have lived in Il for 11 yrs and before that lived in PA (where we grew up). I am a member of the DeWitt County Ground Search and Rescue here in IL and plan on using Harley as a sent dog (when she's a bit older)

I have been around Beagles and hounds in general all my life. My uncle raised **** Hounds, Bloodhounds, Bassets and Beagles for a variety of jobs including hunting, search and rescue and family pet.

We are absolutely pleased as punch to have her in our family!! Now, once I can figure it out, I will get a picture posted!!

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
Howdy Crystal - Welcome to Beagle World and a big ole welcome arroooo to Harley. Sounds like you have quite the family there. Pardon my ignorance but what da heck is an ESS? Look forward to learning more about your critters, identifing Madeline and I may ask you to post a picture of Harriet and Harley sometime

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
ESS is English Springer Spaniel!! She is mostly white unlike James the winner of the AKC Show before Uno!!

As for picks... I did post one of Harley a few mins ago in the photo album thingy.. and, I also have tons of pics on my website www.codysrabbitcave.net there are all the pics of all the critters we have here!!

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Originally Posted By: Brien & Bodie
What, you have a Beagle AND live on a rabbit farm! Harley's is going to be one VERY happy Beagle. I'm looking forward to see some pics.
Yup.. we have rabbits AND a beagle!!! the first time she saw all the bunnies, she just stood there like This is HEAVEN!!! but, she quickly learnt that they are family NOT food (at least yet). We raise them for show/breeding mostly but do eat them as well. From time to time, I offer my dogs and cat (I forgot my kitty -- Goldie!!) fresh rabbit meat (cooked of course) as a treat.. they love bunny jerky -- lean, low in fat... great for them and me!!

·
Registered
400 Posts
LOL, I'm still imagining your beagle getting her first sniff of all those rabbits. WELCOME TO THE PACK!

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
LOL oh yeah I know... The rabbits are used to dogs in and out of the barn... They werent sure what to think of Harley... Well, all except this one buck of ours.. .Squirt is the most friendly rabbit I have ever seen... he started grooming her and she rolled on her back like, Please dont eat me.. He weighs 5lbs and she is just under 5lbs LOL.. It was totally cute!!

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
We just found out that the woman we got our sun conure from wants her back!!! I am SO angry... it's a big mess and I have no clue what to do.. supposedly, she had an agreement with the origional owner that if at anytime, she didnt want her OR the woman wanted her back, she had to hand her over. Well, now that lady wants her and I am stuck in the middle...

I am so angry... AHHHHHHH

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Thank you to everyone!!! I feel so welcome here...

Harley is now 9 weeks old and full of energy... she and my English Springer Spaniel (Madeline) LOVE playing and romping in the fields behind our house... LOL

Again, Thanks

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.