Our Beagle World Forums banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,
I've been looking through this forum all week and I liked what I saw, so I decided to join.
I'm new to owning beagles and I have a 10 week old light brown, white beagle. He's a little handful, but his gorgeousness makes up for it.
Oh, my name is Catrina and my beagle's name is Oscar.
I've posted some pics on the other forum.

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
to BW! I just finished looking at your pics of Oscar and he is truly precious. I adopted my beagle, Maggie, when she was already full-grown so I definitely get my puppy fix from fellow BW members. Looking forward to hearing all about your adventures with Oscar!

·
Registered
702 Posts
to you and Oscar!! This is a great place to get loads of advice. My Daisy was a stray we found at about five and a half years old. She is now nine. So I don't have any experience with puppies.

Oscar is a handsome boy!!

Monica and Daisy

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks very much for all the welcome's and Oscar thanks you all too.
I was looking for an smallish dog breed but wasn't sure which breed. I saw the advertisement for beagle puppies in my local newspaper and thought that I would take a look.
When I got there, there were 13 pups all in all and Oscar stuck out like a sore thumb as all the other puppies were dark brown, black with just a little bit of white.
Oscar was the first one to come up to me and lick my hand and I was smitten and decided on him.

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
Welcome to Beagle World. I saw the pictures of Oscar and he is ADORABLE. All 9 of mine are tri colored - but have always had a soft spot for the reds and chocolates. By the way, most of the puppies I've purchased throughout my life have chosen me. When I got my Sheltie about 40 years ago, it was as though he knew he was mine and came running to me. His breeder said that was very common - and having occasional litters here, I think it's very true.
At any rate, we're glad to have you and Oscar here. You're in for the experience of a lifetime!

·
Premium Member
3,715 Posts
Welcome Catrina & Oscar! I just hopped over to the photo section--Oscar is so precious. His color and markings are lovely--you're right, the mark on his back does look a bit like Micky Mouse!!
Love the picture with 8 wk old Oscar and the cat--how cute!! Yes, beagle babies can sure be a handful, but they are so worth it!

·
Premium Member
2,869 Posts
Hi Catrina!

Welcome to you and Oscar from Henry and Yodel and I.

Like Judy, I am another BW member who gets my puppy-fix from others' so I'm off to look at the pictures of Oscar!

Beagles are addictive aren't they.

·
Banned
4,444 Posts
Hi Catrina, a big welcome to you and Oscar. We all love stories and photos. The most frequently read section on this forum is 'beagle discussion'. Also try the chat room sometime.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts