Our Beagle World Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If you haven't seen the new Star Trek movie (and I HIGHLY recommend you do), you find out what happened to Porthos (Capt. Archer's beagle from the series Enterprise).

********SPOILER WARNING**********
Read no further if you haven't seen the movie and/or don't want to know anything about its content.

Still here?

In the modern Star trek that we know, it is possible to beam from one starship to another at warp speed. In the new movie that is in Star Trek's past, they can't. Do to some time travel and alternate time limes, we come to find that a young Montgomery Scott developed a targeting system for transporters that allows this (in the movies future).

Sadly, to prove to Admiral Archer it worked, he used Admiral Archer's beagle Porthos as his live test subject. Scotty was transferred to some small, frozen, rock in space as punishment by the Admiral. Poor Porthos was never seen again.

Frani and I looked at each other like... Say it ain't so!

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It never says for sure that it was Porthos. He just says Admiral Archers prized Beagle. If Archer was Admiral at that point, it was probably many years down the road and after Porthos' time. At least that's my reasoning!

And Eve, I agree...I was very sad that he chose to test on a dog.

·
Registered
366 Posts
Really what they didn't say, because they may not have known it, was the beagle was transported into the past instead, and won best in Show and went down in history as Uno.

Humor me, I'm just trying to put a happy spin on this.

·
Registered
582 Posts
Quote: That moment was played for comedic effect
Well... It ain't funny!

I've always liked the Star Trek vision of the future... Other races... even other species' getting along... Wouldn't you think our general treatment of animals would be different by then?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts