Our Beagle World Forums banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm new to the site, FIRST POST. I have been browsing the forums here for the last few days as I've been planning on what breed of dog would be perfect to be my First dog. After careful review I have chosen the Beagle. I went to see my pup-to-be yesterday, she is adorable. She's 7 weeks and will be ready to take home Tuesday. I just thought I'd say hello to everyone on the forum and I will be posting pictures next week...

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
Welcome to our little corner of the net. I am curious though, what made you choose a Beagle?

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well, after finishing our first year of college my girlfriend and I decided to reward ourselves and we decided that a puppy would be a perfect reward. We live in a medium sized apartment so the size of the dog was sort of an issue. Initially, my girlfriend talked me into getting a Puggle. But, I decided to go with a Beagle because Puggles lose their Cuteness after growing up. I put in a lot of time and research on what breed was right for me. I chose the Beagle because of their temperament and the wonderful personalities that most people say accompany the Beagle. I have decided to name her Cambria or Bria for short. The name comes from my favorite band, Coheed and Cambria.

·
Registered
865 Posts
Welcome to BW! You are in for some excitement! Beagles are wonderful, but can be trying (as I am trying to get my son's sock out of Lucky's mouth!!!). You will get a lot of great info here. Definitely be prepared for lots of hard work, but lots of love and laughs, too!!

Bria is a beautiful name! Can't wait to see pics!

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Bria is definitely a beautiful name, its between Bria and Sadie. I technically don't have to decide yet, as I haven't even brought her home yet. Any opinions?

·
Registered
303 Posts
That's awesome! My girlfriend and I also just got a Beagle puppy. We are going into our senior year of college, though.

I really like both names, Bria and Sadie. If you want my honest opinion, I'm not sure about Cambria, but Bria is very nice. Also a bit unique.

She's too cute! Good luck with her.

·
Registered
1,163 Posts
Maybe I've been playing/watching a little too much Rock Band lately and rocking out to Coming Home, but I prefer Bria for both the association and because it's pretty. It's also quite unique.

Good luck on the new puppy, remember how smart and fun and cute she is when she's done something bad, and be sure to post with pictures when you get 'em.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
The singer of the Band Coheed and Cambria actually writes comic books where the main characters are a husband and wife named: Coheed and Cambria. So the name Cambria is not totally weird. Most of the time she will probably be Bria though...

·
Registered
865 Posts
My vote is for Bria! Plenty of dogs named Sadie already. Bria is very unique! I don't think the pp meant the name Cambria was weird just maybe just a big name for a fun-loving little dog?!!! Or, maybe a mouthful for you to be yelling all the time??? LOL!!! Cambria is very pretty, though!

·
Registered
271 Posts
What a pretty girl. I'm sure you will figure out which name fits her personality. Just remember you are going to say No with her name alot.

It does get easier though as time goes on.

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
to BW! Bria/Sadie is just precious -- you have tons of fun and challenges ahead of you. I think I'm leaning towards Bria -- as someone said, it is a bit more unusual. You will also have many, many nicknames as your pup grows up. Looking forward to seeing lots more pics and hearing about her adjustment to her new home!

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I am really anxious to get my new pup home. Went to Petco today, got her a water and food dish and a couple of toys. 4 days just seems waaaayyy to long...

·
Registered
303 Posts
LOL! I know exactly how you feel! I had to wait SIX WEEKS. It was the six most excruciatingly painful weeks of my life! Wait until the night before, you won't be able to sleep.

·
Premium Member
3,410 Posts
KKCA, A beagle pup is a great choice for someone with a lot of
patience & a dog-lover in general! Beagles tend to be the
most human-like dogs ever bred! once you have been owned by
one! You will be addicted to the breed! Snapper was a
rescue that lived for 13 yrs & Goober was our first puppy to
join my family that is over 16 yrs old now! Sure, he is age-
challenged in many ways,...but he still greets me with a case
of the zoomies when I come home!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts