Our Beagle World Forums banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1,969 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, I am so excited!
My husband and I have been discussing getting a dog from a shelter for some time now and have looked at several. We got both Roscoe and Cole from a breeder and really wanted to help an older dog in need of a forever home.

So, after a few visits, hours on Petfinder, LOTS of deliberating, and searching, we decided on Gino! He is a six year old basset/beagle mix and I fell in love with his face the first time I saw it online. The boys and I went to go meet Gino and his foster mom yesterday and he was even cuter in person! The three of them fell right into line together (after the obligatory butt sniffing), noses to the ground, a cute little pack!
The foster mom told me that they rescued him (and others) from a shelter and he has been in her home for a few months. She has four of her own dogs, and he got along just fine with them and the other rescues. His previous owners left him at the shelter b/c they moved out of the country! Aside from a few minor issues (as to be expected), he was described as an overall great dog! He seemed very sweet and we are very excited.

He won't be coming home until next week because our little Cole is at the vet today, getting neutered, so we want to give him time to heal. Just wanted to share. Below is the picture of Gino that stole my heart, it is the pic they posted on Petfinder.

Attachments

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
WOWOWOW!!! He is a cutie

That's awesome that you're taking him in.

It feels to me like since I've started seriously thinking of getting a sister for Chloe, everyone at the forum is expanding their packs... I'll be the last mommy to a single child at the end

·
Registered
1,094 Posts
No worries Chloe's Mommy...I too have a signle fur child for the time being

Congrats on the new doggie RosCole. He is so cute. Love the combo

·
Banned
4,444 Posts
Congratulations for choosing Gino, he is adorable. thankyou for helping an older dog.

·
Registered
229 Posts
AWWWWWW! Gino is so cute! I'm such a sucker for floppy ears
Congrats on your new pack member and bravo for giving an older dog a home

·
Registered
865 Posts
Oh my, what a cutie!! How old is he? I have always thought it was a neat thing to take in an older dog and hope to do the same someday when I have a fenced yard!!!!

Congratulations!!

·
Registered
73 Posts
Way to go!!! We got our older beagle, Duce, from a shelter when he was about six or so and he is the best dog ever! As I write this, he is laying at my feet snoring away. He has brought me a lot of joy and I'm sure Gino will bring you the same joy as well!

Congratulations and a big ARRROOOOO from Duce!

·
Registered
1,163 Posts
Congratulations. I swear we all have an addiction to our hounds. lol

·
Registered
605 Posts
Yay! Chalk another up for the pound puppies!

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
Congratulations on adopting Gino he is a cutie

·
Registered
959 Posts
Congrats on the new puppy. They are puppies until the day the go over the bridge you know. Chipper was a basset/beagle mix (bagel) for short....he was a wonderful dog, I am sure yours will be too! And what an adorable face and coloring. I love the short little legs, too. He's got a good home to come to!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts