Our Beagle World Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi. :wave: My name is Pat. My new beagle, Charlie,and I have much to learn about living together. Felt very lucky when I found Beagle World yesterday. Might help keep us sane.

Charlie is 8 weeks old, cute as can be, funny, veryyyyy active, and unbelievably stubborn. It is a challenge to have to be so "on duty" with him when I just want to pick him up and hug him.

So in addition to seeking help and counseling here, I am reading the books and taking classes after the first of the year. A glimmer of hope this am -- he was so mellow after breakfast that he AND one of our cats were in the open pen in the family room. Together!. He was lolling, she was playing with one of the toys. I'll have to post a picture.

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
Welcome to Beagle World, and the wonderful world of beagles! :wave: Pictures, please. We love puppy pictures as many of us have rescues and get our puppy fixes through pictures. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
Welcome to Beagle World. :wave: There a lot of here who have raised their beagles from pups but some like Sandy and myself have rescues and miss out on the "fun" of puppuhood.

I know beagles are "terrors" till they are done teething and extra active until almost 2 years but then they do calm do and act like ordinary pups for the rest of their lives.

Looking forward to hearing of Charlie and his exploits /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

·
Premium Member
2,869 Posts
Hi Pat!

Welcome! :wave:

8 weeks old! How cute is that!? Pictures please!

We have our first beetle and are totally in love! :heart: Prepare yourself!!!

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
Welcome to BW, Pat & Charlie! This is a great forum where you can share your exploits and adventures with Charlie and learn about other beagle owners' experiences and, as others have said, we LOVE pictures. I, too, have a rescue --Maggie who is now a distinguished senior lady of 11. Looking forward to hearing more from you and getting a look at Charlie!

·
Registered
1,335 Posts
Oh Yeah a new puppy !! You will certainly find lots of advice on raising a puppy !!

Look forward to seeing pictures of Charlie and hearing all about his antics !!

Welcome :wave:

·
Registered
862 Posts
Hi, Pat and Charlie!!! :wave: A warm welcome to you both!

I, too, have had a beagle since he was a seven-week-old pup. Now my Boeing is a little over four years old. He's as cute and cuddly as ever AND stubborn as ever!!! :evilgrin: .

Would love to hear more about little Charlie's antics. Again, welcome!!!

Pat and Boeing

·
Premium Member
1,729 Posts
I must give you and Charlie a big big welcome hug!!

:bounce: Welcome to BW :bounce2:

My "Charlie" is going to be 1 year old on 1/18/07! And just like you said He has lots lots of energy, stubborness. They should be a pair!
My Charlie is a field beagle weighs 22lb. He is at the boarding house at we speak because I'm going on vacation tomorrow.

Charlie mom

·
Registered
519 Posts
Hi Pat and Charlie!!
Welcome to B-Dub!

Quote:Originally posted by Pat:

Charlie is 8 weeks old, cute as can be, funny, veryyyyy active, and unbelievably stubborn. It is a challenge to have to be so "on duty" with him when I just want to pick him up and hug him.
Sounds like you've got a typical lil beagle on your paws :biglaugh:

·
Registered
794 Posts
Welcome Pat & Charlie! :wave:

My Polly is about 12 weeks old right now, and I know exactly what you are going through! :hi:

Isn't it great when they are exhausted and just want to snuggle?!!!
Connie

·
Registered
702 Posts
Hi Pat and Charlie :wave:

Can't wait to see pics. My hubby and I are handicapped so we've never had a puppy. We've always had older dogs. Daisy is our foundling (about 2 years ago) and is the love of our lives. She's 7 years old and even though she's somewhat laid back she can still be a little devil at times. But all the snuggles and kisses are worth everything in the world to us.

Welcome, welcome! Hope you have fun!!!

Monica and Daisy /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
Welcome to Beagle World and to life with a Beagle baby. Charlie's going to test your patience but it's so worth it in the end. I've had my Jersey since she was about 8 weeks as well. She's 18 months now and is the light of my life. I don't know how I'd live without her. :heart:

·
Premium Member
3,715 Posts
Hi Pat, I'm a little late, but welcome to Beagle World! :wave: Boy, do I well remember the joys, frustrations, and general craziness of having a beagle pup! Just remember, this too shall pass!! :hi: There are lots of knowledgable folks here with good advice. Can't wait to see the picture of Charlie and the kitty--how cute!!
BTW, I see you're from Ann Arbor. We lived in Grand Rapids for 8 years before moving to Connecticut. We loved Michigan!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts