Our Beagle World Forums banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is Eddie ...
... he and I are new to Beagle World.

Eddie is a ten year old male beagle who came to me via Northern California Beagle Rescue just about three weeks ago.

This is not to say either of us are new to beagles ... Eddie was in a foster home with six other beagles ... and beagles have been a part of my life since the age of twelve (I'm currently fifty-two).

We are stopping here to say hello ... and to thank the nice people who take care of this website.

Our name, Cody of Overlook House, is in honor of a our beagle buddie who died July 14th, 2007. Cody's picture is below.

·
Registered
751 Posts
welcome, you will both love it here! I lost a great friend as well, my Charlie angel.

Both are beauts. What a nice thing rescuing an older dog. Have fun with him! Is it me, or do they resemble one another?

·
Registered
1,163 Posts
I think both your dogs are beautiful. I'm sorry for your loss of Cody. I am certain he is waiting for you just as you expect.

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
Howdy Scott :wave: Welcome to Beagle World and a big ole arroooo welcome to Eddie. I already posted to your post in Beagle Discussion but I can see that anxious rescue look in Eddie's face. He has this, "...maybe if I'm extra good, I'll have a forever home" hope there as well. Bless ya for giving Eddie a place and pack to call his own.

·
Premium Member
3,410 Posts
Welcome to you & your elder beags/experience! Beag puppies bring a lot of joy ...but a "full-term" beag/seniour one that you have known for their entire life will "really hook you" into a loyalty for the breed! I was in my mid/late teens when I adopted Snapper from a shelter that lived for 13 yrs...Pop adopted Duke from a shelter that lived for 13 yrs as well after him...And he was a "mentor" to Goober that currently holds the record as our longest living beagle! (Goober will be 16 on 12 April 2008!) :thumbup:

·
Banned
4,444 Posts
A big welcome to Beagle World. Thank you for taking a rescue dog. We have two ex laboratory beagles.
Do you have any of Eddies history?
Sorry about Cody, its alays hard to lose a dog.

·
Banned
5,083 Posts
Welcome to Beagle World! :thumbup:
Your pups are beautiful!
Abby and I send our condolences to you and your family for the loss of your Cody..and we wish you many more years with Eddie!

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
Welcome to BW! It sounds like you and Eddie will meet each other's needs perfectly. Thank you for letting us know about Cody -- am sure it is still difficult to face your loss.

·
Registered
448 Posts
Welcome to beagle world! I am sure with your many years experience with beagles you will have lots of info for the rest of us when questions arise! /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif
Judi

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
What wonderful people and beautiful dogs! Thanks to everyone for the good wishes.

I'm at work this morning ... and don't have too long. Still, I want to say how welcome you have made us feel.

I hope to talk to everyone soon ... and hopefully Eddie and I can contribute in ways that will be helpful to others.

Arroooo ... until next visit. Oops ... I have to remember not to do the Arrooo aloud here in the office. It frightens some folks ... and Eddie comes running. And yes, Eddie comes to work too.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I'm thinking that while I'm at introducing myself ... I'll add a picture of Willie ... who made it to 17 years and 9 months! He died this past May.

One correction ... as my editing ability is restricted ... Cody died 14 July 2005 ... and not 2007.

But here is a photo of Willie ... taken late last year. He is sitting with a piece of sculpture ... just next to his brick (upper right) ... at Berkeley Rep Theatre.

Willie was a big beagle ... weighed in at 40 pounds when at his healthy weight!

I'll always recall Willie going to visit the next door neighbor ... after a gate was accidentally left open. I heard someone yell "Willie" followed by an expletive. The next thing I knew ... Willie was rushing back through the open gate ... with a nicely grilled steak in his mouth!

G

·
Quote:Originally posted by Cody of Overlook House:
I'm thinking that while I'm at introducing myself ... I'll add a picture of Willie ... who made it to 17 years and 9 months! He died this past May.

One correction ... as my editing ability is restricted ... Cody died 14 July 2005 ... and not 2007.

But here is a photo of Willie ... taken late last year. He is sitting with a piece of sculpture ... just next to his brick (upper right) ... at Berkeley Rep Theatre.

Willie was a big beagle ... weighed in at 40 pounds when at his healthy weight!

I'll always recall Willie going to visit the next door neighbor ... after a gate was accidentally left open. I heard someone yell "Willie" followed by an expletive. The next thing I knew ... Willie was rushing back through the open gate ... with a nicely grilled steak in his mouth!

He was beautiful. RIP Willie

·
Premium Member
3,410 Posts
Willie sounds a lot like my "wonder-beag" Goober! He is a large-framed one that in his youth weighed around 45 lbs as he was very muscle-bound! But as he nears age 16 he only weighs 35#'s as he has lost a lot of his "muscle-mass". He used to be about 18& a 1/2 " @ the withers then but is now more like 17"! He never got the chance to steal a steak off the grill...but that sounds like something Snapper (my first beag would do/did)! :biglaugh: Goober has "pulled-off" his share "heists" in his time, but it is "Homer-the-Huge" that I have to keep my eye on now that he is in his prime & Goober has taught him everything he knows! :rolleyes: :biglaugh: Poor Goober will lose interest in a bone to go pee or get a drink after half an hour only to find that Homer has stolen it if I don't intervene! Poor Goob's...he used to be the one to distract the "puppy" & steal Homers bone! :biglaugh: :thumbup:

1 - 20 of 28 Posts