Our Beagle World Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone....I'm MCFLY from NJ. I have two 9 year old Beagles, Toby and Duke. Toby I have had since he was just a little tiny thing and his brother Duke (by blood) I just took in about a month ago. Duke was being neglected and it broke my heart to see him in the shape that he was in so my husband and I told his previous owner that if he didn't let us take him we would call the authorities. Brothers re-united, Toby and Duke are inseparable :bounce: :bounce2: . My husband and I wish we would have added another furbaby to our family along time ago. Glad to be a new member! PS. As soon as I can figure it out I'll post some pictures :conf6: .

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
Welcome to Beagle World and big arroooo welcome to Toby an Duke. Thank you for looking out for Duke, I'm sure Toby appreciates it and I know Duke does.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Thanks for looking out for Duke! I know he appreciates it. Welcome to BW ... I'm a new member too and it's a great place to get info or just share stories!

·
Banned
4,444 Posts
A big welcome to BW! thank goodness you rescued Duke, keep up the good work, and some photos please.

·
Premium Member
2,869 Posts
Three cheers for rescuing Duke! :happyhappy:

If he could talk, he would say "thank you, I'll love you until my last day here on Earth".

My Henry is a rescue...now he is a fat, lazy but totally lovagle "beetle". And we love him like crazy.

Welcome to BW from both of us.

~Denise

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
Welcome to you and Toby and Duke!! You and your husband get today's hero award for rescuing Duke -- he must be wondering what he did to be so lucky! /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif

·
Premium Member
3,715 Posts
McFly, welcome to you and your pack!! :wave: Kudos to you and hubby for being Duke's saviors and reuniting the brothers!! You did a wonderful thing!! /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif We look forward to seeing pictures of your boys, and hearing stories of their new life together.

·
Registered
862 Posts
A warm welcome to you!!! :wave: And a BIG aroooo from Boeing to Toby and Duke. Please post some pics of the two borthers when you can /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

·
Registered
324 Posts
Welcome Mcfly,Toby, and Duke ! Shiloh sends his welcome too ! Hope you enjoy BW !

·
Premium Member
3,410 Posts
Duke is a great name for a beag, especially if the beag has a deep voice like Pop's adopted beag did..."DUUUKE",(he practically named himself)! Duke was adopted from the Huntington Beach shelter in California after an extensive search for a beag to adopt after Snapper had to be put down. That was the saddest day in my fathers & my life and the first time I ever saw him shed a tear! Duke was clearly up to the task of making himself at home & despite having such a "tough act to follow"...he is remembered as our most "adaptable beag to date"! Duke LOVED everyone including the family cat, but he did have a healthy "doubt" about strangers until he was introduced to them. As a guard dog, "he sounded 4 times bigger than he was", (At least that is what the neighbors used to say)! :thumbup:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts