Our Beagle World Forums banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wanted to say hi and introduce myself. I had a wonderful Beagle named Ruby for almost 14 years when she had to be put down a year ago this past June. We just rescued another cute beagle named Miley this past January and we think she's the best! She's approximately 3 years old (aren't sure since she was a stray) and is petite at 20 lbs. She's such a sweet and loving girl and very affectionate although it took her until recently to warm up completely. She had been tossed around from dog pound, to shelter, to foster home and then to us. We are still working on getting her to stop running and scaling fences. We should have named her Houdini!

·
Premium Member
2,646 Posts
Welcome to Beagle World! Poor Miley, I am so glad she has a good home with you. How high does she climb on the fences? We have a beagle in our rescue that has climbed a 4.5 foot fence.

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
How wonderful that you've given little Miley a forever home

Yes, Beagles are known to be escape artists!!! That's why I never let Chloe off the leash (only in enclosed areas).

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
to BW! How wonderful that you've given Miley a new home -- sounds like she has really had a rough time of it. If it is not too painful, we would love to see pics of Ruby.

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
Howdy - Welcome to Beagle World and a big ole welcome arooo to Miley. Bless ya for giving Miley a forever home. I'm sure Ruby is watching from the Bridge and approves of you adopting Miley. My ole rescue is about your Ruby's age but still in good health. Look forward to exchanging stories.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks for the warm welcome everybody!

Jassy: Miley climbs our 4 foot chain link fence by taking one giant leap, getting her front paws over the top, and then climbs the rest of the way over. I call her my bouncing beagle because she will jump right up into your arms if you give her the cue. She's quite agile!

JudyMaggie: I would love to send pics but I can't figure out how to do it on here! Can you tell me how?

Beaglemom: Where in Michigan are you?

I love Beagles!!

·
Registered
242 Posts
Originally Posted By: miley's momJust wanted to say hi and introduce myself. I had a wonderful Beagle named Ruby for almost 14 years when she had to be put down a year ago this past June. We just rescued another cute beagle named Miley this past January and we think she's the best! She's approximately 3 years old (aren't sure since she was a stray) and is petite at 20 lbs. She's such a sweet and loving girl and very affectionate although it took her until recently to warm up completely. She had been tossed around from dog pound, to shelter, to foster home and then to us. We are still working on getting her to stop running and scaling fences. We should have named her Houdini!
hi from grand rapids! we're a few hours away in distance but good to have another michigander here.

judy will be able to tell you more but there are threads about loading pics, their size, etc. in fact, if you go to the main page and scroll down yo the how to section, it will give you some info.

but...when you post you can choose quick reply or reply and the same for just quote .
when you <span style="text-decoration: underline">don't</span> use the quick feature you will be brought to a page that, after where you type your post is a file manager secion. click on it and you can upload photos. just read up on the size allowed and resize your photo accordingly. you can post large pics in the large photo thread too.

hope that helps - welcome!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Thanks for the help. I figured it out but my pictures are too big. I'll have to find out how to get them smaller. I am NOT computer smart! I just struggle with this thing until I figure it out. Grrr.

·
Registered
242 Posts
if you use micrsoft picture manager go to edit pictures on upper menu bar. scroll dowd to resize and you can choose several ways to do it. i usually just click on the % of original picture and bring it down to 650 pixels wide (i think that's the size - mods forgive me if that's wrong!), save it and it's ready to post.

if you use another program it would still be a similar procedure, i believe. many people use photobucket but i don't know anything about it...

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
You guys were posting the same time as me. Look on page one for my pic of Miley. I'm trying to locate a digital of Ruby (my passed Beagle).

1 - 20 of 27 Posts