Our Beagle World Forums banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi I am a new member from Tasmania Australia. My name is Allison . I have been owned by our beagle Bazel for 11 and 1/2 years . Sadly we lost our younger beagle Merlin in October he was 10 years and 9 months. We are still grieving his loss.
I guess that is what brought me looking for a place like this.
Bazel is still very outgoing and active and we live on a 6 acre property in the bush and he loves to chase kangaroo's and other wildlife . You can hear his howling from a distance. He is a funny character , he loves you to stroke his belly with your feet and will put his paw up and scratch you when you stop. He has always been the top dog of our pets .
Merlin was more of a sedate beagle and loved the back step and his food, he was the most affectionate of our 2.
I look forward to meeting you all.

Here is a picture of Bazel .

Attachments

·
Registered
991 Posts
Welcome to Beagle World Allison. Bezel is great looking senior citizen. He has aged beautifully but still has that I'm in charge here look!

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thank you <span style="font-weight: bold">Sandyj</span> and <span style="font-weight: bold">Li'l Maggie </span>

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Sorry <span style="font-weight: bold">BoulderBeagles</span> you snuck in there. Bazel does have that in charge look indeed. Thank you

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thank you Eve. Yes Bazel has lots of adventures , he loves to bring home dead animals . He tries to sneak them in the laundry much to his human mum's disgust.

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
Bezel is a very distinguished looking senior. He has such a sweet face. Welcome to the boards. And I'm very sorry for your loss of Merlin.

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thank you<span style="font-weight: bold"> jen-n-jersey</span>. Thanks about Merlin. Thank you <span style="font-weight: bold">Chloe's Mommy</span>. Thank you <span style="font-weight: bold">jassy</span>. We like the name Bazel too.

·
Registered
1,163 Posts
Welcome to you and Bazel. He is gorgeous and looks so healthy still even at his advanced age.

I am sorry you have lost a piece of your heart recently. It is never an easy thing to deal with. We are glad you have found us and can't wait to get to know you guys a little better.

I'm sitting here trying to imagine what my dogs would do if they saw a kangaroo. I am sure they would all be scared to death as obviously in Utah USA that isn't an animal they are used to that is for sure.

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
to BW! Being Mom to a senior pup myself (Maggie is 13 1/2 years old), I have a special fondness for our older beagles. I am so sorry that you lost Merlin -- if you feel up to it, please share a pic of him. Looking forward to hearing more about Bazel's adventures!

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Originally Posted By: Brien & Bodie
Welcome to you and Bazel. I hope you find the forum as helpful as we have.
Thank you <span style="font-weight: bold">Brien & Bodie</span> . I am sure I will.

[/quote]
Originally Posted By: ChucksMamaWelcome to you both. Bazel is such a great looking senior! Sorry about your loss.
Look forward to getting to know you!
Thank you <span style="font-weight: bold">ChucksMama </span>. I look forward to getting to know everyone here too.

Originally Posted By: beagletailsWelcome to you and Bazel. He is gorgeous and looks so healthy still even at his advanced age.

I am sorry you have lost a piece of your heart recently. It is never an easy thing to deal with. We are glad you have found us and can't wait to get to know you guys a little better.

I'm sitting here trying to imagine what my dogs would do if they saw a kangaroo. I am sure they would all be scared to death as obviously in Utah USA that isn't an animal they are used to that is for sure.
Thank you<span style="font-weight: bold"> beagletails</span>. It is hard having lost Merlin, I think about him every day.
About the kangaroo's if they saw one I think they would first bark like crazy and then would chase like crazy you would find.

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Originally Posted By: judymaggie
to BW! Being Mom to a senior pup myself (Maggie is 13 1/2 years old), I have a special fondness for our older beagles. I am so sorry that you lost Merlin -- if you feel up to it, please share a pic of him. Looking forward to hearing more about Bazel's adventures!
Thank you <span style="font-weight: bold">judymaggie</span>. I will share a picture of Merlin sometime on here.

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
Originally Posted By: beagletails

The thought of Jersey seeing a kangaroo has me laughing out loud here. She's such a chicken...I can see her high tailing it out and running to hide as quick as her legs would carry her.

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Originally Posted By: jen-n-jersey
Originally Posted By: beagletails

The thought of Jersey seeing a kangaroo has me laughing out loud here. She's such a chicken...I can see her high tailing it out and running to hide as quick as her legs would carry her.
That's cute .

1 - 20 of 28 Posts