Our Beagle World Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Jersey went to the vets today for her annual visit...shots, heartworm, fecal, etc. While we were there I talked to the vet about her separation anxiety. He said there is a new product out called Reconcile. It's basically Prozac, designed specifically for dogs. I hate putting her on meds, but I don't know what else to do anymore. Jersey gets so upset, even if just one of us leaves. She's already starting to lose the color in her beautiful face and she's only two! I talked to one of the techs that uses Reconcile on her dog. He had separation anxiety (he would urinate and defecate in the house and was destructive) and a lot of aggression issues. She said she noticed a difference with his behavior the first week. As I already said, I hate to put Jersey on meds, but I hate seeing her so nervous too. I'll give it a try and see how things go. Wish us luck!

Here is a link to their website if anyone is interested in more info.

Reconcile

The only thing I'm worried about is that one of the side effects listed is excessive vocalization...considering that's Jersey's problem, I'm really hoping that this doesn't make it worse!

Oh, and I thought it was funny. The dog on the cover of the book and DVD that came with the meds is a Beagle!

·
Registered
1,335 Posts
it sounds promising.....hopefully Jersey will avoid the excessive vocalization side effect .....

I know how you feel about meds but if it is going to help it's worth a try.

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
We'll keep fingers & paws crossed that the meds will work without the excessive vocalization. It would be great if Jersey could get some relief, and I know you'd feel better.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts