Our Beagle World Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We got a kitten this weekend. Lucky is oh so thrilled. They chase each other around the house and seem to be getting along well. I have them both in the same room. When I went into the room this morning, they both were sleeping on Lucky's bed! /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif I will post pictures later! I really thought Lucky would not be happy or be really jealous. He is really happy it seems. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/eek.gif

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
Wow.... how exciting... I don't exactly thrilled about cats per say, but love it when they get along with dogs.... I think it's adorable.
Please, hurry with the pics.... /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
Aww-www, kitties are nice to have around. Miss Priss and my bridge dog, Shadow, were great friends. They sniffed, hunted, and slept together.

Miss Priss wanted to be buds with Li'l Girl, but there's too much competition for my affection in that case. :eyes:

·
Premium Member
2,646 Posts
None of my cats will play with Maggie no matter how hard she tries. When she was a baby she took her toys to them. They have all learned to tolerate each other and one cat rubs on her but that adjustment has taken a year.

·
Registered
81 Posts
You are lucky. My cat's despise Rhetty and Scarlett.

Kodi just hangs out on higher ground or behind a fenced in area on the deck that I had to put up to keep the puppies away from the neighbors fence line (a different long story). Kodi also plays the roll of a ham when he tries to run to the feeding area where Rhett wil stand on him and put his mouth around his waist as if he was biting into a ham (Rhett's just playing, he doesn't put any pressure on him). Though Kodi doesn't really like anyone anyway.

Mattie will toy with Rhetty by hopping on the bed just to get Rhett to chase him. Mattie doesn't really like the puppies though especially since he was a lap cat and now only hops on my lap once he can hear the dogs go out the dog door. He is then on borrowed time.

Rhetty knows the word kitty and mattie so I can't call him because it makes Rhett hop up and search for him. Rhett is also causing more trouble because he is teaching Scarlett how to chase them already......

I know though that my cats don't make it easy on them and since they are declawed a swat accross the nose means nothing to them but a friendly pat. I'm sure if it was a couple of years later and I brought the cats in as kittens it would have been fine.

·
Registered
1,239 Posts
Congrats on the new family member. Luckily, my cat gets along with all the dogs. Well, she adores my female lab, Cassie, and she likes my male lab, Roscoe, and she tolerates Duke. But since the labs are such old babies and Phoebe is a young cat, she does love to play with Duke. They chase each other down the hallway and it sounds like the Indy 500!

·
Registered
18 Posts
I had my cat before I got my beagle, so there was some frictionat first. Everything has been going fine ever since both the dog and I learned rule #1, The cat is the boss. Now that we know our place the cat and dog get along fine. Sometimes, like with people, it takes a little time.

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Finally, here are the pictures!

First meeting

Lily

Lucky

Cuddling

My two babies /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif

This is how we found them their first night together (camera phone pic) :heart:

Aren't they just so cute together?!

·
Registered
3,199 Posts
Aww how cute is that one of them all snuggled up together. That will never happen in my house. Suzie-pussycat gets on ok with the dogs but she is the BOSS and no way would she cuddle up with them..she thinks she is way to superior for that :biglaugh:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts