Our Beagle World Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I’m McKinna. I’m 22, and a nursing student currently. I’m new to being a dog mom and even more new to having a beagle.

I have a 4 month old beagle boy named August. He’s a blue tick! He was born without a tail, he has about the first bone of it, he can still wag the part he does have though.

Idk, what else to add lol. I’m more experienced with cats. Could talk forever about them.
I found this forum through googling to find out something about beagles and figured I should probably join just to have help at this point because I genuinely have NO idea what Im doing.

Dog Carnivore Comfort Dog breed Dog supply

Brown Dog Carnivore Liver Dog breed

· Registered
520 Posts
Welcome to the forum. Like you I was new to the puppy world when I brought Buddy home. He was 10 weeks old at the time and now he is almost 13 years old. He has been a great companion over the years and I’m sure August will be one also. The forum has a tremendous amount of information and you will find plenty of people willing to provide advice.

Dog Dog breed Carnivore Companion dog Fawn

Attachments

· Registered
192 Posts
Welcome to you and August (and your kitties). I had Ally for 18 years before she passed and I'm ready to adopt another beagle. The first year is the most challenging as it is with all puppies. This forum has lots of info, just type your topic into the search box.

My best advice to a new beagle owner: If you don't have a fenced yard - be very careful not to leave him off-leash. Beagles are scent hounds, the nose goes to the ground and all other senses turn off, including hearing! He is likely also to want to chase any critter (squirrels, bunnies etc) that he picks up a scent on (they are rabbit dogs).

1 - 4 of 4 Posts