Our Beagle World Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,869 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My husband has this black '95 BMW that normally lives under a cover in the garage. Recently it's been taken out to have some upholstery fixed that was chewed up by a little mouse over the winter.

I don't know what Henry see's when he looks at that car but he runs out and barks and aroos at it until we call for him to come in. Just another ghost from his past to visit, I guess.

And here is my meek, mild, little Henry...the vet thinks he's a tad overweight. He's just athletic and muscular. :rolleyes:

·
Premium Member
2,869 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif
Normally Henry is afraid of his own shadow so it's really a mystery why he can stand up to that big, black car.

I wonder if he see's a face in it or if it reminds him of something bad from his past.

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
Who knows what goes through their little minds. This afternoon I noticed Li'l Girl looking at her reflection in the doors of the fireplace. What with her wearing that collar, she probably wondered what kind of strange dog was looking back at her. :lol2:

·
Premium Member
1,729 Posts
Hehe, Charlie was afraid of his own shadow, not anymore, he is a big boy now!
There is this little story about a greedy little dog. One day this greedy little dog found a bone, and he was soooo happy, he picked it pick right away and headed home with it. :animal18: As he cross a bridge, he looked down into the water. Hey, there is another dog in the water also with a bone in its mouth! So this little dog wanted that bone too. So he open his mouth and barked at the dog in the water. Splash!! In fall his bone into the water.....no more bone! /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/eek.gif

Charlie mom

·
Registered
93 Posts
Typical beagle physique.

Henry may well be seeing his reflection in the car's paint. There's a well known story that Elvis Presley's mother kept chickens at Graceland and the chickens would see their reflections in the side of Elvis's new Lincoln and peck at them, thinking they were strange birds trying to take over the barnyard. After about a week the new Lincoln had little chips out of the paint all up and down both sides. The following weekend Elvis invited a bunch of friends over for a cookout. Yep, chicken was on the menu. He had the car re-painted and had no more problems.

·
Premium Member
3,715 Posts
Does Henry have some bassett in him? His legs look like Shiloh's legs. I love the ticking on his legs!!
Shiloh often barks ferociously at big dark trucks that go down the street. Maybe it has something to do with them being dark!?
John&Suzi, love the Elvis story!! /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif

·
Premium Member
2,869 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Somebody mentioned that he could have some basset in him...he was a stray so I don't have his background info.

His legs are shorter than they used to be when he first got here at 17.3 pounds...now he weights 32 pounds.

But his feet are so big. It was one of the first things that I noticed...how big and soft his feet are.

·
Premium Member
3,715 Posts
Well, he is one good looking boy, that's for sure! I love his big feet too!!
Miss Shiloh has some basset in her, and her legs are kinda short and round like Henry's. When I had her at the vets' last month, she weighed 43lbs.

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
Henry is just adorable. I agree with Genie about the possibility of some basset mixed in with the beagle -- that was my first reaction when I saw his picture. Whatever the combination, he's a winner!

·
Premium Member
2,869 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by Taurus Mom:
more of him to love... :cool2:

·
Registered
1,335 Posts
what a sweet boy !!!!

·
Registered
179 Posts
Cute pictures /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

Being over weight is very unhealthy for him! I am sure you have heard it before though. Good luck with managing it. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

1 - 18 of 18 Posts