Our Beagle World Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,all! We've have some posts in the last few months asking what to do about carsickness in our pups -- here is something you might want to ask your vet about:

FDA Approves First Drug for Carsick Dogs

By Associated Press
Published February 28, 2007, 1:05 PM CST

WASHINGTON -- Dogs who get a little green under the fur while traveling gained the first drug Wednesday to prevent vomiting associated with motion sickness.

The Food and Drug Administration said the drug, Cerenia, is the first to prevent and treat vomiting in dogs. When used in tablet form, the Pfizer Inc. drug can prevent vomiting associated with motion sickness, the FDA said. The agency also approved an injectable form of the drug, known generically as maropitant citrate, that it said can prevent and treat acute vomiting due to chemotherapy, parvovirus, kidney disease, pancreatitis and other causes.

Severe vomiting can lead to dehydration and death in dogs, the FDA said.

Both versions of the New York company's dog drug are available only by order of a veterinarian.

·
Premium Member
2,098 Posts
Judy,
My Maggie thanks you, I thank you....and my car thanks you for that info.

Mags is heading to her vet Friday for another bladder infection; I will mention that info to my vet.

·
Banned
4,444 Posts
I shall have to tell a friend of mine about that. She cant take her beagle in a car, on a bus or on a ship due to travel sickness. Infact the only transport she dares try is the train.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts