Our Beagle World Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
504 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, we found a dog yesterday....and I hate taking animals into the pound cause of the parvo outbreak ours seems to have all of the time, and the humane society is FULL. Also, the dog we found MAY have pit in it, not sure, but humane keeps them....thats all that is there, and pound puts them down. We named her Newbie. I estimate she is about 6-7 months since her adult teeth are nearly in. She has a great temperament, but very skiddish. We think she may have been abused physically, possibly by a male because she is scared to DEATH of my fiance, and when any of us raise our hand to pet her, she nearly falls onto the floor with her tail tucked. Anywho, Cassidy loves her. They were laying together and everything last night. Never saw 2 dogs bond like that that fast. But, we don't know if we will be able to afford her. I will post some pictures later. Maybe you guys can guess what she is mixed with?

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
If you have any intentions of keeping this dog, take her to your vet for a quick check and chip scan. Cassidy may love her, but she needs to be seen so that they can rule out any infections she may have.

Please be careful. Skiddish dogs can bite out of fear.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Also call your local Animal Control in case someone is looking for her. This is probably a dog that has been kept outside and not socialized. Just in case, you can interrogate any one who says she belongs to them and if its a situation where she is living chained outside or similar then you can say its not their dog. anne h

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
I am happy for you and your new dog, truly.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts