Our Beagle World Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

My name is Cody. My wife Katy and I just recently 8/8/08 became the proud parents of a loving beagle puppy that we name Marley. Marley is an eight week old female puppy and she was the last of the heard. She was born on June 13th (while we were on our honeymoon).

I've always wanted a puppy/dog, but do to our college lifestyle we couldn't have pets in our apartment complexes of the past. Now that we graduated (in May) and are married now (in June), we are able to have pets in our lives with our new living arrangements.

Long story short, I've always had smaller inside dogs, while my wife has always had larger outside dogs. I really want to have a smaller dog due to our apartment living. My wife finally said that I could get a dog, but wanted to wait until med school began so she could get into a routine.

So I've whined and moaned a bit over the last two months and looking at local shelter websites and craigslist for pets. Well, I came home last Thursday and to my surprise my wife had indeed been looking at the local craigslist and found a litter of beagle puppies that the family didn't have the appropriate means to take proper care of. She even had the phone number ready for me to dial.

I asked what this was all about, and she said that she found the cutest batch of puppies, and when she showed me the pictures they were indeed adorable and I instantly fell in love not even knowing if the four day old add had been fulfilled yet.

I give the guy a call and he tells me that he does have one left and he the other four (a total of five puppies) had been given away that same morning. Well.... the wife gave the go ahead excitedly and here's Marley(see below).

I have a couple videos of her playing with Baleigh (the Jack Russel puppy) that I'll try to get on here later this weekend or week.

We've already fell ill will into spoiling her. She is just too cute not too. This week we plan on taking her to a vet and getting her first check up as well and getting her vaccinations and de-worming treatment. We'll also be looking into scheduling her for a spaying, but might wait until she gets a little bigger first (anything thoughts on this?).

Glad we found this board and glad we had a beagle come into our lives.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
3,458 Posts
Re: New board memebers and new puppy parent

Welcome!! Marley is absolutely adorable...and she's so tiny!

As far as the spaying goes, I just had Maggie spayed at 6 months old, and I believe that is what most vets recommend.

I'm glad you found us, and can't wait to hear more about Marley and Baleigh!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

Originally Posted By: Li'l MaggieWelcome!! Marley is absolutely adorable...and she's so tiny!

As far as the spaying goes, I just had Maggie spayed at 6 months old, and I believe that is what most vets recommend.

I'm glad you found us, and can't wait to hear more about Marley and Baleigh!
Thank you and thanks for the info on the spaying. I wasn't sure, but I thought I'd have to wait a little while before we got her spayed.

·
Banned
32,140 Posts

to BW! I converted your files so all can enjoy seeing the absolutely adorable Marley!
Many of us, including myself, adopted an older beagle so we get our puppy fix through other members' photos of their pups.

Here are a couple of links to posts explaining how to post pictures (both are from the How to section):

Posting Photos Using Image Button

Posting Photos Using File Manager

Main trick is to make certain that photos are small enough -- you need to resize using a program such as Photobucket or a software program such as Paint Shop.

·
Premium Member
2,646 Posts

They are so cute. Marley is a beautiful pup. I will look forward to hearing more about them.

·
Banned
32,140 Posts

Congrats! Marley is adorable
and
to the forum.

You'll love it here and the site is loaded with information that will surely be helpful!

·
Premium Member
2,594 Posts

Welcome to BW! Marley is sooo cute! It will be fun watching her grow up.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

Thanks for the comments everyone. FYI, Baleigh is actually my wife and I's college roomate's (who got married this summer also) puppy who is only one day younger than Marley.

funny how things work out

oh yeah, I'll try to get a picture or video of Marley's favorite toy.... my beard

·
Registered
21 Posts

i absolutely LOOOOOVE the Marley Pounce......... what a great pic...

·
Banned
4,444 Posts

Welcome to BW. Congratulations on a successful year so far! Marley is adorable and how great that she has a playmate of the same age. the photos are lovely so keep them coming. Yes, you should wait a bit before having her spayed.

·
Registered
1,440 Posts

Wow - so much going on in your lives lately - but glad to hear that one of those events is the arrival of a beagle puppy! And an extremely cute one at that! I just want to hug that little puppy face... please keep the pictures and stories coming!!

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
Howdy - Welcome to Beagle World. I love the Marley Pounce. Can't wait to exxhange stories. Congrats on your get married. Marley sound slike a great way to start a life together.

·
Premium Member
2,869 Posts
OMG...Marley is adorable!
They saved the best for last, didn't they? The Marley pounce made me laugh out loud..Henry even opened up one eye during his early evening nap to see what I was laughing at.

Congrats on becoming a new beagle parent...look forward to more pictures and stories too.

·
Registered
702 Posts
Welcome, welcome to Beagle World!! Marley is sooo adorable I just want to cuddle such a sweet puppy! My Daisy is nine now -- we've had her since she was five and a half. She was a stray. Beagles bring such happiness and joy into your life 'cause they are so loving and affectionate. And foodaholics, and stubborn, and very independant-minded, too!!! LOL Enjoy!!

Monica and Daisy:)

1 - 19 of 19 Posts