Our Beagle World Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My name is Amanda and I'm from Utah. My husband and I just got our beagle puppy, Shelby, last week and we just love her. She is 7 1/2 weeks and bites a TON! Not sure how to break her of that habit.. Any ideas, please let me know!

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I know that it is a puppy thing but i'm the same way-- I don't want her to think biting is ok. My husband read something that said to yelp like a puppy when they bite to scare them then walk away. We've been trying that but she has started to get used to it. I have also tried clamping the jaw shut and saying NO but she has started to think that's a game.
How old would you say did yours stop biting?

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
That's definitely true! I don't know that she understands the part about me walking away- she just comes back to bite my feet or bottom of my pants.
I'll tell Kagan that suggestion-i like it, maybe she will learn!

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Thank you all for the suggestions! We are doing our best to stay consistent. There are times when we really have to be harsh about it and she doesn't like it but she will come back and lick us, which, I think, means she understands.
She digs at my crotch as well and I don't know if I punish for that or what..? She usually will try to grab my pants there too, which is when i tell her no..
Thanks again for all the advice, its much appreciated!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.