Our Beagle World Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone. I am a new owner of a Beagle male - classically called 'Buddy' !

I haven't owned a beagle before, my last dog was a Labrador which I sadly lost in June.

My beagle is 10 weeks old tomorrow and want to make sure I start off on the right footing with him so open to all advice you can possibly give me, do's and don'ts that kind of thing. He has been weaned on to wet food and would like advice on that too.

Thank you in advance !:hyper:

·
Super Moderator
5,010 Posts
Welcome to you and Buddy! You can search for past topics on here such as housebreaking, nipping etc.

I haven't had a puppy in a loooooong time so I think you will get some good advice here from the members that are recent puppy owners.

·
Registered
5,720 Posts
Welcome...my dog is now 7.8 yrs. The first 3 yrs were the most challenging but now shes mostly an angel. I've posted a lot on this list of topics so go to Search on this forum to look up past posts...
Potty training
Clicker training
Leash
Biting/nipping
Dog food www.dogfoodadvisor.com
Crate training
Chewing
Restricted area

Beagles are stubborn so potty training seems to take longer so concentrate on getting that under control.
Dont allow the dog on carpet and furniture.
Do you have children? Puppies go through a biting stage so read up on how to curb it.

Attachments

·
Registered
856 Posts
Welcome! I can't wait to see pics of Buddy!

·
Registered
3,413 Posts
Welcome to Our Beagle World! Please come back and tell us some more about Buddy. Rascal is about 13 years old.
techie

1 - 6 of 6 Posts