Our Beagle World Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Everyone! I'm the new mom to a 4 year old beagle named Eli. He's a little guy at only 19 pounds, but he's got lots of personality. I got him from a rescue group on Saturday. He was formerly a research beagle in a pharmaceutical lab. He's trying to figure out how to be a pampered dog now!

I also have a basset hound/black lab mix. Her name is Maisie. She's 3 years old and I got her from a shelter as a 10 week old pup. She has been very good with Eli so far, showing him the pleasures of sleeping on the couch and begging mom for cheese.

It's good to meet all of you! I'll try to get a picture up soon.

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
Welcome to Beagle World, and thank you so much for rescuing Eli! :thumbup: If you have specific questions about transitioning a research beagle, Doghouse will probably be of great help to you since Susi and Snoopy were also research beagles.
Would love to see pictures of both Eli and Maisie.

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
I also welcome you to Beagle World. I am so glad that you were willing to rescue your pups --my Maggie is also a rescue dog. Looking forward to hearing lots of stories and seeing pics!

·
Registered
794 Posts
Welcome to Beagle World from Georgia and myself! :wave:
How did you find out that Eli was a research dog? Did they just take them to the Humane Society?

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
welcome to Beagle World and a big old Welcome Arrrrooo to Eli. We love all beagles but rescues are special and rescued research beagles are extra-special. Welcome to Marsie, She sounds like a sweetheart also. Can't wait to see pictures of both of your gang.

·
Banned
4,444 Posts
Hi! Welcome to BW and congratulations on adopting Eli. We adopted two former research beagles, who are still adjusting to 'normal' life. If you have any questions then please fire away. :wave:

·
Registered
443 Posts
Franny and Molly send welcome arooos, and a big ARLOOOOOOO for rescuing a research beagle!

And from the humans, welcome /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

·
Registered
448 Posts
Congrats on the new addition to the family and definitely enjoy your new beagle! It is fun to see them see new things for the first time and how much fun they have /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif Hugs to you all

Judi~Harley~Maggie~ and the rest of the house! /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

·
Registered
1,335 Posts
Welcome to BW :wave:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts